Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you get the license plate holder that fits far up under the rear fender fairing? Not the one with the LED lights on either side, but the one that holds the plate only.
Also, where do you guys that have this set up put your inspection sticker at? Mine is right under the license, but with this set up there's no room.
Here's the fender I have now.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Or you can use the license plate holder off of the stock rear fender. Take off the rear fairing and take the ECU out. Directly under the ECU you can drill 2 holes in the plastic and mount the bracket from the stock rear fender. The angle is perfect and it tucks it under there very nicely. And its free since you alreasdy have the stock fender. Perfect for free tolls if you have tolls everywhere like NJ does.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just get Bertja's kit at fenderkit.com...great directions so its an easy install and it already has a plate light, a little pricy at $53 (???) but its nice.

Hope you're handy with a grinder or you'll have four nasty lookin' studs hanging from your exhaust.

·
Banned
495 Posts
If anyone noticed under the tail there are 2 1/4 inch bolts sticking out. Take ur plate line up holes, and drill new holes, and you got a new place to put ur plate.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by lukerdl
Just get Bertja's kit at fenderkit.com...great directions so its an easy install and it already has a plate light, a little pricy at $53 (???) but its nice.

Hope you're handy with a grinder or you'll have four nasty lookin' studs hanging from your exhaust.
pricey? some of the other kits cost $100+

bertja's kit is quality, and cheap in comparison

·
Registered
220 Posts
Don't get me wrong I'm happy with my kit...It is great quality but at the end of the day it's still a piece of metal with a little light on it + directions for $50:D If i wasn't lazy I would have used some scrap and done my own.;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Originally posted by exisbest
Or you can use the license plate holder off of the stock rear fender. Take off the rear fairing and take the ECU out. Directly under the ECU you can drill 2 holes in the plastic and mount the bracket from the stock rear fender. The angle is perfect and it tucks it under there very nicely. And its free since you alreasdy have the stock fender. Perfect for free tolls if you have tolls everywhere like NJ does.
[:Agree] Seriously, I did this in about 5 minutes. Looks great and cost $0. We don't have inspection stickers where Im at, but I assume it would fit since it looks like its at the bottom of the plate.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Originally posted by setxninja
Okay, but where do you guys put your inspection sticker at?
Mine is on the inside of the fairing. It's damn near impossible to see in the dark, but who gives a damn.

Does Bertja's kit come with the turn signals or do you have to get those separately?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by XBones
Aqui
xbones that looks sick! i have the same exact bike, color and everything, and i was wondering how you took the stock fender off, just lift up the seat and take the screws out? if so, im thinkin about buying the same exact undertail kit. holla at me. thanks

·
Banned
495 Posts
my friend rode around all weekend without a plate at ALL

hahahaha

·
Registered
59 Posts
exisbest - 09/06/2006 : 2:32 PM

Right on thats what i did works perfect... i even used the stock lisence light and drilled 2 more holes and put it in above the plate. works awsome and still uses factory connections.

setxninja...your in beaumont... im in baytown. mabey we could go ride sometime.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by Swede636

Mine is on the inside of the fairing. It's damn near impossible to see in the dark, but who gives a damn.

Does Bertja's kit come with the turn signals or do you have to get those separately?
Bertja's kit comes with wires for turn signals but you gotta buy them on your own. I opted for an integrated turn signal because I love Bertja's kit but I hate the look of those crappy turn signals sticking off the sides. No offense to anyone who has them. Plus I'm not sure how well cars can see those turn signals. I feel like I'm already pushing it with an integrated tail light but I barely notice those really small ones.

xbones that looks sick! i have the same exact bike, color and everything, and i was wondering how you took the stock fender off, just lift up the seat and take the screws out? if so, im thinkin about buying the same exact undertail kit. holla at me. thanks
The fender is really easy to remove....just take off your seat cover and you'll see what screws you need to remove.

Just make sure you have something to mount the license with after you remove the fender. O and make sure to get new rear turn signals as well. I'm not sure if you can remove the fender and keep stock turn signals but that would probably look really ugly anyway.

Random thought....I wonder how many people with Bertja's kit actually plug in the lights to illuminate the license plate? For a variety of reasons (not wanting to deal with extra wires, not wanting to drill a hole in my bike and not wanting my license plate to be lit up for the 5-O), I definitely skipped that part [:p]

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just ordered the KawiForums fender eliminator but it hasn't arrived yet so I just don't have a license plate mount right now but it was really easy to get off the fender.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by antiflag8737

setxninja...your in beaumont... im in baytown. mabey we could go ride sometime.

Yea, I'm in Beaumont, I wouldn't mind riden at all. I've been trying to find some people around Beaumont to ride.

So keeping with this thread, where did you put your inspection sticker antiflag8737? Does it even matter if it's visable, just as long as it's on the outside of the bike???

·
Registered
891 Posts
you can put the sticker on your swingwarm, frame, anywhere. i put mine on a square of metal and put it under my seat, just pulled it out when i get stopped (never ;) )

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.