Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use the headlight and taillight covers from planetsuperbike.com? Ya know the ones that you can get with eyes on um. I dont want the eye ones but they sell the vinyl in a green sheet and the they have little circles for the taillights. Are these going to be what you need at all the tracks in SoCal? Do they work allright on the street when your lights are running all the time? Do they make it hard to see at night?
here is a copy and paste to see what I am talking about
www.planetsuperbike.com

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have the headlight covers that look like eyes..and it does restrict the light. I went and got new high density bulbs and it helped a little bit. I don't really like the way they look now that they are on the bike, so I'm gonna end up taking them off.

As far as the tail light goes...I have the one that it is cut out that says Zx6r. I'll attach a picture..

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thats what I was looking at except for the 02 they just say ZX 6R Are those race legal? How bad do they restrict the light? is it like scary dark, or just annoying dim?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If the tape does not entirely cover the lights (like the cut-out cover above), you will want to disconnect them to keep from distracting other riders. If the lights are disconnected, many event organizers will ask for only a bit a tape on the lights to keep them from shattering in a fall. Check with your organizer.

If you use regular tape, you will want to disconnect the lights to keep them from melting it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Rob, I still need full leathers and boots but I already got the go ahead from the wife to start goin to the track.:D Im going to look at a trailer next week. I figure I can set the bike up with everything disconnected at home and just cart it up there. Also if something goes wrong [:0] I will be able to haul the leftovers home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.