Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Light smoke or dark smoke shield???

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Sh1n5 
#1 ·
What does everyone recommend? Also, how bad are these at night?

#2 ·
The light smoke shield is very versatile. You can wear it during the day, but will need some glasses under if it is a very bright day... But the nice thing is that you can wear it during the evening/night as well if you have to. Dark smoke, not a chance in hell of wearing that one at night!

Personally, I've been thinking of getting an RSA (reflective) shield to squid around in during the day in the city... anyone have any bad or good experiances with them?

#3 ·
All I have is dark, as I only tend to ride during the day. The light just isn't dark enough for those straight into the sun mornings and evenings, but the dark is WAY too dark to be riding with at night. It depends on you and how you intend to ride. I know that if I'm ever caught out in the dark, I'll be riding home with an open visor and it'll prob be 30 out.

#8 ·
i have the mirrored shield (kbc vr-1) and their tint on the mirror is great for day but doesn't cut down on night vis at all (laugh if you must, but i took it in my cage and went out to where there is no streetlights to see how it did), so i can wear it all the time, it's not really dark at all at night.

#14 ·
Light smoke is a good all around shield. If you go through a tunnel, you can still see fine. Its not the best at night, but its OK in the dark.

My wife bought me an Iridium shield a couple of years ago as a present. It was super nice when new. But after a relatively short while (maybe 2-3 months) it was too scratched and was thrown out. The Iridium coating is easily damaged. Don't waste your money.

#16 ·
Originally posted by DEZixxer
I have the Shoei Silver Mirrored shield and a clear shield for night riding. The mirrored shield is way too dark to see anything at night.
I'll second that.
Although from time to time I do get caught out after dark with the mirrored shield... just need to ride home carefully with the shield partly up, no biggy. [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.