Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 ninja 636 and a warning light came on today at a stop light. The light was the (F1). not sure wat it means and i don't have an owners manual. Also for a while it has been cutting out while riding, like the throttle just stops working. Anyone have these problems or have any idea. I am trying not to take it to the shop.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sure it wasn't FI....that would be something with the fuel injectors which would explain cutting out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your probably right, it is most likely FI. Have you had any issues with yours doing the same thing or do you know someone that has?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Not on my 07. I used to have an 06 with no issues. Do you have the stock exhaust? Is the valve / servo still in tact?

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I don't have stock exhaust and the servos aren't intact. It also has a PC. I may take the tank off tomorrow and check the wiring cause I did have to fix some when I bought it cause of a rat chewed some into. I think it might be a throttle position sensor also cause it seems that it looses all throttle and not just some of the injectors. Also I think it's bout time for another service and it runs very rich. It runs so rich that I can smell fuel.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
The FI light is a general warning light covering any ecu detected fault. You need to read the fault codes to see what the actual problem is.

As you don't have a manual, best not to ride the bike and get it to a dealer. Some fault codes are innocuous and can be ignored. Some are harbingers of imminent engine destruction. Generally, if it's the latter the ecu won't allow the motor to start, but without the manual you can't be sure. Play safe.

Chances are, reading the fault code will tell you why the bike keeps cutting out.

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts