Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of the instructors? You forgetting about me?[:p]

A good time was had by all, see you 5 August!

·
Registered
137 Posts
C'mon share some lap times. I would like to know what these 03's are capable of. What are the professionals running out there (you guys). The sweeper and 10b have gotten a little bump over the winter. Last time out with STT (7/6) I managed to turn a 1:32.88, which I’m sure isn’t shit to you young lads, but wasn’t bad for this old one. My goal is to bust into the 1:20’s this year.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Having just completed my third trackday at Grattan this past Tuesday with Trackoholics, I would like to invite anyone in the Midwest area, and members of this forum that would like to come out to a limited trackday to sign up. Strong Bad, another member of this forum came out and was running some really good lap times. He was very friendly and was fun to have a follow 636 rider and member of this forum come out there!!!! Trackoholic trackdays are limited to 60 riders max! They offer a school group for those that have no or limited track time with professional instructors to teach a safe, fun way around the track. They also offer both intermediate and advanced groups for the faster guys. Lunch and refreshments are provided; so all you need is your gear, gas and the bike!! Trackoholics also has a professional photographer http://www.fotomadness.com on site to capture your whole trackday experience. As a bonus two of the instructors are both on 636’s, myself and Jim Sheldon from http://www.speedmadness.com. If you want more info visit the web site at http://www.trackoholics.com.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it's a distinct possibility for you X1 - If you wanna play the pace-game I'll be glad to help you ease into that grove. The final turn may have developed a bump, but if you stick to the hard inside you're alright!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't bring the lap timer this time around (dumbass **kicks self**) but I did have someone from the ZX-7 forum time me around and he got a few 1:30's and a couple 1:29's - that was earlier in the afternoon and I'm sure I was going much faster at the end of the day because I got the rear-end set up to get out of the corners really REALLY good.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by RacerX1

I managed to turn a 1:32.88, which I’m sure isn’t shit to you young lads, but wasn’t bad for this old one. My goal is to bust into the 1:20’s this year.
1:32's is a good pace around that track....once you start droping below 1:30's things start happening really fast...you really have to be paying attention to whats going on and stay focused....one thing to remember is that this is a trackday and not a race, so you are the one that has to decide what's more important, lap times or being smooth and not crashing. Fast laps really don't impress me too much...it's riders that can run a smooth lap is what's notable. Plus the smoother you are the speed will come. But if it's the times you want we do have alot of fast guys out there that would be happy to help you with that. As far as the sweeper goes, if you take the outside line (which is the fastest line) there is a nasty bump out there that you can get into some wicked tank slappers. Trust me I know!!! I like to cut it really close and almost kiss the yellow line in the inside for two reasons. One, it sets you up for a straight shot for turn 9 (the bus stop) and second, no bump!!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's a photo of The Wizz (in green ps Hey ladies ;)), Jeff (of the ZX-7 forum in bandana) and Yours Truly (in orange)
/forum/uploads/strong bad/gratten_15_july_wizz__jeff__strong_bad.jpg

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by Strong Bad

Here's a photo of The Wizz (in green ps Hey ladies ;)), Jeff (of the ZX-7 forum in bandana) and Yours Truly (in orange)
/forum/uploads/strong bad/gratten_15_july_wizz__jeff__strong_bad.jpg
hahaha!!! at least they got my good side!!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey, Strong Bad and Wizz,

Thanks for the encouragement. I know Grattan is not a track to go out on and try and break records off the bat. I've been working my way up to the 1:32's for a while now. Over the past couple of years I've probably been there somewhere between 15 and 20 days. And I know what you are saying Wizz if you try and go too fast too soon it will bit you in the a$$ every time. I've seen it happen to many. Again thanks for the words of encouragement, and I hope to see you guys out at the track sometime.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by RacerX1

Hey, Strong Bad and Wizz,

Thanks for the encouragement. I know Grattan is not a track to go out on and try and break records off the bat. I've been working my way up to the 1:32's for a while now. Over the past couple of years I've probably been there somewhere between 15 and 20 days. And I know what you are saying Wizz if you try and go too fast too soon it will bit you in the a$$ every time. I've seen it happen to many. Again thanks for the words of encouragement, and I hope to see you guys out at the track sometime.
You should come out on the Aug 5th!!!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes August fifth it is! You have been warned X1 - time to step up!

....Imagine if you will; four+ Mad Kaw Society Members all vying to be the fastest whilst avoiding becoming members of the Dead Kaw Society. SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!

By the way Wizz, I checked out some of the things people be sayin' over on the DSR forum - bunch of fucking cry babies if you ask me!

·
Registered
112 Posts
you are correct sir!!!! Good thing is that the novices understood that what happened was between (un-named person) and the owner of the track and want to come back out.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would really like to join you guys, but on August 5-6th I will be seeing what the top end of my 03’ ZX-6RR really is at Road America. I’ve never been there before, and am really looking forward to it. I’ll be back at Grattan on July 28th, but this time with a steering damper, my Power Commander with a proper map, and race fuel. Have you guys put race full in these things, yet? They really seem to make a difference. Thanks for the invite though!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey guys...great looking pictures!

I may head down for a later in the year track day...would you mind posting all available track days for Grattan!?

What gearing are you fast guys running (Strongbad, you look fast dude...what's the secret gearing set up?)? What's a fast lap time for the pro's?

Thanks in advance!

James

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.