Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done the F.E. kit, seat cowl, taken the ninja stickers off, tank pad, and removed the rear footpegs. I laid it down on the left side but all the replacement parts (mirror, fairing etc...) have been ordered. I have clear flushmounts and shogun frame sliders in the mail. I thought about maybe a mirror tinted windscreen to match the mirror tint on my helmet and a rear hugger to keep my tag clean. I'm probably going with 2 bros exhaust when funds are available. As far as performance mods, I'm still too much of a newb to go -1 in the front or +2 in the back, but any other thoughts or suggestions I haven't thought of yet? Things you would do different or change?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The nose is cracked and is probably going to stay that way for a while until someone puts one on ebay...don't feel like shelling out $500 for the new one.

·
Registered
156 Posts
That bike looks nice!!! Yeah, a smoked/dark windscreen would be the best and the flushmount turns...honestly, that's probaly the best black 6R I have seen. Have your rims been painted?

·
Registered
156 Posts
..oh, some black rearsets....change the grips....different brake/clutch levers(they have some in black or any color really. I've seen some with .38 bullet casing).

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Double bubble windscreen is always a welcome addition as you can actually see the dash when riding up right...

Also check into a steering damper so when you do get into riding this bike you will have a little extra insurance when the shit goes to town on your A$$ from headshake....
As far as the exhaust get a fork revalve VS the Two brothers POS pipe..worth way more when riding anyways...

and save up for a shock and you will set to kick ass and take some names...a slip-on isnt going to do much give you some noise anyways.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Track day.:D:D:D:D Best mod ever

Either that or a superbike school.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The rims aren't painted, but I actually thought about going with the gold rims that match the callipers/forks....flat not bling ;)but I've never seen them on a black bike before so I'm kind-of hesitant. The thoughts are great...keep-um coming.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Yeah, I second the gold rims. I think it would look sharp on your bike. Check out the Carrozzerias... Definitely a steering damper (gold GPR would look good imo, especially if you go for the gold wheels...) black rearsets, revalved forks, double bubble windscreen... the possibilities are endless

·
Registered
156 Posts
Gold Rims with a hint of black?...kind of like the special edition red rims with gold flake.....Actually, black with gold flake would look nice...want look to gaudy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
get a smoked double bubble windscreen and black vortex rearsets. That will make your bike look 10X better. The mirrored windscreen will look out of place in my opinion

·
Registered
393 Posts
Dude, how much $$$ did you/are you putting into it?? I bet with all that cash, you could've bought like a ZX10R!!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Get your stock suspension set up for your weight. Got it done on mine for $20 by Race Tech which is near me. The bike handled even better and felt more planted in the turns which made me more comfortable. 2nd mod and a free one, change that stock reflector screw on your front fender. Since you took off the plastic license plate junk, if you kept the parts, you have the 2 bolts . They are the perfect fit and match the lower bolts. Don't over tighten them, I know someone who did and stripped the threading.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I asked my dealer at the 600m service if they did that adjustment and they said no...so I'm going to find someone in ATL that can. And as far as the ZX10R comment, If I bought one I'd have to spend just as much customizing it...because thats how I am...a bit of an addict.[8D]

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll grab those bolts and put them in the reflector's spot. Thanks...that has been bothering me too.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That looks sick[}:)] Thanks, who did your powdercoating? Do you have a pic of the front of the bike? I've been a little worried about the black double bubble screen being too much "black" on the front. I was thinking maybe carbon-fiber instead? thoughts?

·
Registered
56 Posts
a local guy did my powdercoating, but due to it being a hobby for him and to many problems, he shut down shop. He did my rearsets pass. pegs, wheels frameslider mounts and a few other items for 215.00:D

here is a pic of the front

other mods are:
dark puig double bubble
lsl sliders
jumper mod

mods to be are:in order
full suit/new gloves
gpr
trackdays
flushmount front signals
rear intregator
akra slipon