Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I took the night off to head out to the OSW's t.n.t. session. The highlight of my night was the fact that I was getting my NHRA - MX/ET license... up until I was sitting in the water box in the right lane getting ready for my single pass for the licensing. Steve was on the starting line and I watch to my amazement that the board lit up, (9.23 @ 151)!...

Steve "littleman" Appenzellar had been playing with the tune all night, trying to tune his A/F ratio, little by little he kept getting that nitrous tune dialed in. He was having trouble getting the bike to 60ft with the heavy Brock's GSXR 1000 springs but after adjusting his launch rpm and clutch release he achieved a tire spinning 1.50 60ft!... You guys better be watching this bike, it was 80F+ degrees and 90% humidity with a corrected altitude 2751ft.

Corrected per NHRA index adjustment ET: 8.922
Corrected per NHRA index adjustment MPH: 156.33

Thats right! This is an 8 second 2004 Kawasaki 636 with stock pistons, rods, crank, home ported head and zx6rr camshafts... Watch for him this winter!

Oh yeah... I got my fricken NHRA license, lol! Thanks for stealing my thunder Steve! haha!

·
Registered
205 Posts
HOw big is the shot ? Dry wet?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks guys for the props but my license was easy... just had to run two 9 second passes and four 10 second passes...
Steve's the one that kicked ass!

HOw big is the shot ? Dry wet?
It's right around 70 horsepower wet...

damn hes fast is the green bike his???
Yes that's his 636

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
An engine won't blow up when its tuned properly. Proper control of your air/ fuel ratio and ignition timing is key to making a nitrous motor survive. Staying out of detonation is very important.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Got to get the lockup done went to the track and it was spinning the clutches again so put the 2.0 steels back in then it was fine but couldnt 60 ft again .The zx 10 center pin was same but alittle bit to short so it wont work so I guess I am going to have to make one of those too.

·
Registered
157 Posts
hhhmmm, so would you say a 40 or 30 shot on 07 zx6r would be acceptable with some good tuning done???? Im not a hardcore dragger just want to be quicker on the street and start going to the track, this is all next year after i get a bit more experience on the bike and get used to it even more.

·
Registered
343 Posts
hhhmmm, so would you say a 40 or 30 shot on 07 zx6r would be acceptable with some good tuning done???? Im not a hardcore dragger just want to be quicker on the street and start going to the track, this is all next year after i get a bit more experience on the bike and get used to it even more.
That would be fine but you have to take timing out of it or you will blow it up even with a 30 shot

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Got to get the lockup done went to the track and it was spinning the clutches again so put the 2.0 steels back in then it was fine but couldnt 60 ft again .The zx 10 center pin was same but alittle bit to short so it wont work so I guess I am going to have to make one of those too.
hey steve what size steels was u runnin when it was spinning the clutches, are u going to put in the whole set of 2.0 or just 1 in the back

·
Registered
343 Posts
hey steve what size steels was u runnin when it was spinning the clutches, are u going to put in the whole set of 2.0 or just 1 in the back
When I get the lockup in I am going to put all 1.6 steels in it will be just like stock so I can 60ft it and the lockup will do its job after that the higher the rpm the more it locks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts