Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A 20 year old guy here died a few days ago in a pretty bad accident. Public road in town, was going fast, did a wheelie, and slammed himself into an SUV. Dead at the scene. You can read one of the articles here:

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/in...OKEN=77320777&jsessionid=8830f2b63a122f28172a

If it requires a login, just use user '[email protected]' and password 'bugmenot'

Another waste of a life just trying to be cool...

Though I did notice the article mentions that the driver of the SUV was 15 years old. A bit young to be a legal driver, but I think they were just waiting in the turn lane.

Here's a video from one of the TV stations as well.
http://www.wday.com/tv/?page=video&vid=29_fatalmotorcyclefargo

·
Registered
364 Posts
thats rough for a 15 year old girl to witness, a bike slamming into the back of daddy's Escalade. and a 15 year old driving?!?!

oh yeah and it looks like a ninja

·
Registered
301 Posts
Shit reading all these motorcycle accidents make me nervous...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a bit unnerving reading and hearing about so many accidents all the time. But, what can you do but just be as careful as you can? After work yesterday I rode my bike right past where this accident happened. Kind of a weird feeling you get...but dwelling on it won't make things better. Just gotta move on, keep riding and be safe.

Heck, during that ride yesterday I had an SUV pull out right in front of me. Blonde was on her cell phone and just slowly rolled into the intersection (4 way stop). Instead of laying on the horn to get her attention I just went defensive and swerved around the vehicle. Kind of wished I had honked, but I thought avoiding the situation was best.

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
These instances shouldn't make you nervous to ride should just heighten your awareness will riding. See the danger before it becomes a problem! And in prospective, there are hundreds of traffic accidents and deaths each day and these two took place many miles apart. No worries!

·
Registered
314 Posts
these stories are what reminds me from day to day of why i should ride safe at ALL times and not pull STOOPID tricks that i can't handle. just do your part as a safe rider.

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
All of that having been said, I rode like a complete asshole on the way to work this morning. Just one of those days I guess. In a way it keeps me more alert and aware, but certainly not always safe. I never ride wheelies in traffic or stupid non-sense like that, probably just too fast, too close at times.

Thread is a good reminder of why not to do either of those things.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
oh yeah and it looks like a ninja
How do u figure?? The exhaust doesnt look anything like any type of ninja exhaust that i know of..

Isn't it kinda crazy, being a rider- whenever you here about a bike accident, one of the first questions you wanna know is what kinda bike was it? Whenever friends tell me of a story, that always seems 2 b the first question i ask.

Dude was wildin tho. If u feel like being an idiot & pulling a wheelie on the street, at the very least dont dont do it where cars are pulling in & out of the highway..

·
Registered
744 Posts
How do u figure?? The exhaust doesnt look anything like any type of ninja exhaust that i know of..

Isn't it kinda crazy, being a rider- whenever you here about a bike accident, one of the first questions you wanna know is what kinda bike was it? Whenever friends tell me of a story, that always seems 2 b the first question i ask.

Dude was wildin tho. If u feel like being an idiot & pulling a wheelie on the street, at the very least dont dont do it where cars are pulling in & out of the highway..
it has to b a cbr is my guess. plus the black and blue is the 2007 cbr 600 color.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
meh darwins natural selection. I don't care. Serves the punk right

·
Registered
19 Posts
Shit reading all these motorcycle accidents make me nervous...
Take it in stride. Remember, just like any type of news, only the bad makes it.

Meanwhile, theres thousands of perfectly safe, uneventful rides happening at the same time that you never hear about.

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
A 20 year old guy here died a few days ago in a pretty bad accident. Public road in town, was going fast, did a wheelie, and slammed himself into an SUV. Dead at the scene. You can read one of the articles here:

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/in...OKEN=77320777&jsessionid=8830f2b63a122f28172a

If it requires a login, just use user '[email protected]' and password 'bugmenot'

Another waste of a life just trying to be cool...

Though I did notice the article mentions that the driver of the SUV was 15 years old. A bit young to be a legal driver, but I think they were just waiting in the turn lane.

Here's a video from one of the TV stations as well.
http://www.wday.com/tv/?page=video&vid=29_fatalmotorcyclefargo
Yeah and this kid was another ND National Guard member. Just a baby, fresh enlistment, just home from all his training. These damn kids getting these bikes and killing themselves.

·
Registered
18 Posts
On 7/26 three friends and I went on a ride in the hills. It was a casual ride and no one was hot doggin'. On our way down we hit a right hand curve and my friend Ian low sided. He slid across the oncoming lane and as he did, he hit his head on the fender of an oncoming car. He was out cold but breathing when we got to him. Paramedics arrived and he stopped breathing. They performed CPR for 20 mins but no success. We watched our friend die and there was nothing we could do.

It was hard to get on the bike for awhile after that, but I'm back in the saddle.

When something like that happens It makes you realized how easily it could have been you.

All we can do is be as careful as possible, not be stupid and watch out for idiots.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts