Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
get the seat off the bike if the back lock is broken? anyone have any insight on how to do this?

·
Registered
27 Posts
cut through the plastic, and pull the wire that releases that latch???

That would be an extreme though. I don't know if you want to cut through that plastic unless you don't mind losing your little "trunk" ...

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
a friend of mine who works on cars a lot said to get a broke lock open you can jam a screwdriver in it and use a slide hammer to just rip the lock out, but i dont kno if itd work on a seat lock..

·
Registered
17 Posts
i am a locksmith... give me a more detailed description ... like key wont turn, key wont go in... etc etc or maybe a picture and i might be able to suggest something

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
same problem. push down on the seat and turn the key and pull out seat while still having the key turned. some of the cables from the lock got snagged in the hole the seat slides in to, or the hole has something in it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
12 gage to the lock,that should do it,sorry dude i couldnt rezist. i dont know how a 03 works but on my 98 i could peal the side panel away from the fender and use some long needle noise plyers and try the grab the cable

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.