Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some where in the bikes past I am going to guess that one of owners changed out the locks on the fuel tank. it came with only 1 key, Id contacted a local locksmith and they suggested that to them it is likely the pins are just really locked up. told me to try spraying in some WD40 and waiting an hour, wiggle the key and try again if needed, I did this a couple of times and the key snapped off.

they no longer make the whole lock set assembly, I found 2 places that had them, both were $440+ so tried Ebay... the company on there sent me a $75 set with NO KEY..... this makes no logical sense to me.... contacted the lock smith he wanted 175 dollars (to start) and a whole day to fiddle with it to make a new key... another place only wants 65-85 to do the same thing so will be going there on Monday. I can still get a refund on the lock set from the ebay seller but time is short (3 day return policy) and skip the locksmith. this route would be $150-170.

found the EMGO makes the ignition and gas caps for the bike, but not as a set, and they dont have the seat locks. but the 2 parts they do have would be $75ish plus S&H and would be brand new.

this is seriously killing my time working on the bike as I need the gas tank cleaned and refilled with fresh fuel.

is there a way to get around needing a seat lock? I can live without a helmet lock.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Sounds like you need a key made for the bike, a broken key extracted from the gas cap, and possibly a locksmith to look at the issue with gas cap lock. A good locksmith can do all of those and you don't need to replace all the locks on the bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts