Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling:

A question that's rather funny, but good.

Will Lojack decals slapped on lojackless bike fool thieves from stealing?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts

A question that's rather funny, but good.

Will Lojack decals slapped on lojackless bike fool thieves from stealing?

I would think that it would make them want to hide it faster or part it faster and dump the carcass

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Reminds me of those fools with the "got sig ?" bumper stickers.
The sig is home in the safe....

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
41,542 Posts
If someone stole either of my bikes, they'd be doing me a favor I think.

I'll just end up with a new bike and maybe some cash in my pocket.

::shrug::

Maybe I should start leaving them outside with the keys in the ignitions?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would think that people that steal bikes would know that LoJack doesn't make decals.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Maybe, just maybe it might deter the dumb criminals but I don't think Lojack decals would deter Chuck Norris

·
Registered
28,050 Posts
My rental company put an ADT sign in my yard and told me not to remove it. Didn't think about it till I tried to find the key pad and there isn't one. I haven't been robbed yet lol.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts

Don't leave the key in the ignition. The insurance company will ask you if you have the keys.

;)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Reminds me of those fools with the "got sig ?" bumper stickers.
The sig is home in the safe....

Not mine. Always in a double Galco shoulder holster, unless I'm on base, asleep, or in the shower. Reloads, too.

My rental company put an ADT sign in my yard and told me not to remove it........ I haven't been robbed yet lol.

That's because it's been shown in home protection that the stickers/signs are about 90% as effective as ACTUALLY having the system installed. That's why you can purchase their "Deterrant plan" which is just stickers and signs. They don't advertise it, but it's available if they can't fool you into buying something else. For the security company, it's free advertising, too!

My wife manages a home cleaning company. At least once a day one of her cleaners sets off the home alarm. The security places almost always call. Only two times in 10 years has she ever had to call either the police or the security company on a double check, they always take the word of whoever answers the phone that "I'm the cleaning lady, and I'm supposed to be here".

But yeah, for the bike, two or thee or four guys are gonna jump out of a truck, run a few poles through the rims, lift the bike in the back, and off they go. Chains and rotor locks only keep the casual jerk off from rolling your bike too far. The first indication that serious criminals are in the area is your bike quietly disapearing from where you left it.

Locks only keep honest people honest.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Not mine. Always in a double Galco shoulder holster, unless I'm on base, asleep, or in the shower. Reloads, too.

do you carry when you ride? i have a double starr custom 1911 but have not carried on the bike yet.

·
Registered
467 Posts

luuuuuuuuckyyyyyy i can't even qualify for full coverage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts