Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
friend at work just installed lojack on his bike but i didnt get a chance to ask him many questions. the site doesnt really talk much about pricing. does anybody have it? how much did it cost? is there a monthly fee?

·
Registered
237 Posts
dont buy lojack. buy good insurance. if your bike gets stolen, do you really want to find it? or would you prefer a check cut from insurance company to buy a new one?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dont buy lojack. buy good insurance. if your bike gets stolen, do you really want to find it? or would you prefer a check cut from insurance company to buy a new one?
hmm u got a point there. gonna see how much more it will be to get theft insurance. insurance wont cover aftermarket parts though will they?

·
Registered
237 Posts
hmm u got a point there. gonna see how much more it will be to get theft insurance. insurance wont cover aftermarket parts though will they?
if you request to have them covered they absolutely are.

if i stole a motorcycle (which i wouldnt) i would beat the living hell out of it until i crashed it or got caught, or bring chop it up for parts (again... what a shitty thing to do). id rather have a check.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
How long does it take to get a check?

LoJack guarantees 24 hour retrieval. I'd prefer to get my bike back in 1 piece right away than wait for insurance.

LoJack is a aftermarket security mod if you ask me. Completely different class than insurance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
How long does it take to get a check?

LoJack guarantees 24 hour retrieval. I'd prefer to get my bike back in 1 piece right away than wait for insurance.

LoJack is a aftermarket security mod if you ask me. Completely different class than insurance.
When my bike got stolen in April I got Geico to finish and pay HSBC in late June. I just got my check for the remaining balance from HSBC last week....btw they are the biggest ripoff's in the world, and I had to fight with them tooth and nail to get MY money from them, but that's another story.

So all in all, about 5 months.... Not to mention my rates will probably be higher next bike I insure. I'd get lojack just for the piece of mind, plus I'd want to send the SOB that stole my bike to jail or worse.

The sheriff's I'm friends with tell me that Lojack has an early warning system now where the system will activate automatically if the bike is moved after being armed by the owner and Lojack will notify you (call you) when the system activates and you can check it out to see they need to contact the police or you just forgot to disarm the system before riding it.

Pretty cool if you ask me so you get an instant warning if someone is trying to jack your pride and joy.

Just my .02. Next time I get a bike, Lojack is the first thing that's going on it. 5 months downtime is not the way to go about this. Not to mention I lost money on my deductable, depreciation, etc.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
When my bike got stolen in April I got Geico to finish and pay HSBC in late June. I just got my check for the remaining balance from HSBC last week....btw they are the biggest ripoff's in the world, and I had to fight with them tooth and nail to get MY money from them, but that's another story.

So all in all, about 5 months.... Not to mention my rates will probably be higher next bike I insure. I'd get lojack just for the piece of mind, plus I'd want to send the SOB that stole my bike to jail or worse.

The sheriff's I'm friends with tell me that Lojack has an early warning system now where the system will activate automatically if the bike is moved after being armed by the owner and Lojack will notify you (call you) when the system activates and you can check it out to see they need to contact the police or you just forgot to disarm the system before riding it.

Pretty cool if you ask me so you get an instant warning if someone is trying to jack your pride and joy.

Just my .02. Next time I get a bike, Lojack is the first thing that's going on it. 5 months downtime is not the way to go about this. Not to mention I lost money on my deductable, depreciation, etc.

My point exactly, only you can demonstrate it better.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm all good points. theres a lojack place not too far from me. gonna speak to them. i also think theres a insurance discount with lojack

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
ehhh I don't know if you have the same probs in Nueva York as we do here in So Cali. Lo-Jack is considered a worthless investment as when the majority of bikes get jacked, the jacker just rides across the border and the bike isssss gone. It strikes me as probably a similar problem being that close to the Canadian border?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i have lojack i think it was something like 650 its a one time fee. keep in mind it will cost more than 650 because you'll still need to get it professionally installed. i have to agree with sn0rlax though. its definitely better than waiting weeks for a check from your insurance company and being without a ride till then. its also nice to know that whoever stole your bike has a much much much higher chance of getting caught and arrested than if you were to just leave it up to the insurance company and police to investigate without having lojack.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ehhh I don't know if you have the same probs in Nueva York as we do here in So Cali. Lo-Jack is considered a worthless investment as when the majority of bikes get jacked, the jacker just rides across the border and the bike isssss gone. It strikes me as probably a similar problem being that close to the Canadian border?
nah i dont think i've ever heard of people stealing cars/motorcycles and going to canada lol. and i think it might still work in canada

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
nah i dont think i've ever heard of people stealing cars/motorcycles and going to canada lol. and i think it might still work in canada
it will still work up there and down in mexico, at that point its just a matter of dealing with the local police agencies who have jurisdiction. but lojack takes care of that part so its no big deal.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Then it's hiding in a really thick metal container. lol
:plusone:

nothing is going to be 100%
go to your local dealer once you see the new lojack system up close it'll sell itself to you very quickly.

·
Powerhungry
38,386 Posts
i thought they gave some sort of 24 hr guarantee?

but, INSURANCE is really your best option.

in order for each to "pay off" the bike must be stolen.

but if u have lojack, and it gets stolen, and recovered. if its fucked up, you STILL have to use your insurance, to recoup your loss.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i thought they gave some sort of 24 hr guarantee?

but, INSURANCE is really your best option.

in order for each to "pay off" the bike must be stolen.

but if u have lojack, and it gets stolen, and recovered. if its fucked up, you STILL have to use your insurance, to recoup your loss.
no doubt you'll still want insurance but i'd rather get my bike back and have insurance pay for the minor damage caused by the thief than to wait forever for a check to buy a new bike.
but definitely get insurance regardless of what you do.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Hey! But in all fairness, the canadians would probably cooperate more then the mexicans. At least we'd sent out a report for it, or put out a watch for the plate (if it was still on there). i've never heard of lojack though...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts