Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have a 04 636 and I've been riding since I was a kid. When I was younger I had a KDX200 and I loved it. Now I'm 26 and I still enjoy riding. You can laugh at me if you want but I'm thinking about buying a Honda Gold Wing. I wouldnt mind having the 07 ZX-10 but for me the 636 is enough and I enjoy it.

Just imagine you and your lady friend out cruising on a little trip (say a 2 to 3 hour ride) on the Gold Wing, you cant beat it. Music, Comfort, and relaxing. So am I crazy or what?

http://powersports.honda.com/motorc.../Comfort/Navi&ModelYear=2006&ModelId=GL18HPN6

I ALMOST FORGOT!! IT ALSO HAS AN AIRBAG, LOL

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
just get a car.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
no your not crazy, hell i'll be 34 next week and i was talking about the same thing 2 days ago. how nice it would be to have a cruzer for those long rides with the girl. but i was thinking 5-10 hour rides at a time and being gone for days. that goldwing looks good but that airbag would be the first thing to go. i'll take my chances without that. u-know, people on those goldwings pull little trailers behind them sometimes. i wonder if i could make a light weight trailer to put my zx on and take it with me. hmmmm, them mountain trips on a cruzer are starting to look better now.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
people on those goldwings pull little trailers behind them sometimes. i wonder if i could make a light weight trailer to put my zx on and take it with me. hmmmm, them mountain trips on a cruzer are starting to look better now.
Thats a pretty good idea. You would get some really weird looks from people.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not getting rid of my 636. I'm going to keep it whether I buy the 07 ZX-10 or the gold wing. I dont need another car b/c I have 2 already. I'm just saying I know that ppl think I'm crazy b/c I'm 26 and I want a Gold Wing.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I don't think you are crazy. I am 23 and have been saying for over five years (as long as I have been riding), that the only other kind of bike I own will be a Gold Wing (other than rockets). I say go for it!!

--David

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Originally posted by warbuk
...people on those goldwings pull little trailers behind them sometimes...
About six months ago, I was riding along a short bit of highway and I saw what I thought was a white Goldwing coming the other way. But it looked HUGE, even for a Goldwing. I thought "It must have a trailer on it". It did.

It also had a sidecar...

The complete outfit was fucking huge. I wish I'd taken a photo.

·
Registered
443 Posts
my msf instructor said when a biker crashes his best chance of living (during a bad head on crash) is flying over the bike and car. therefore the airbag leaves you crushed between the bike and car... any thoughts?

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Forget what you herd, the few guys i met with gold wings put more miles on it them most do in a year

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
You're not crazy. I'm not ready for one yet, but will definitely have a goldwing in about 10 years when I'm 40. Being 26 and wanting one is fine. I just don't want to spend the money on one right now, and I would miss my 636 if I was out on the goldwing.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
This is funny because I was just about to post that some day I see myself riding one of those bad boys.

The more I ride the more I truly understand what riding is about the more inclined I am to get one.

For those that laugh, get a clue. Riding is not about speed and it's not about the fastest and sharpest looking bike. It's about freedom.

This thread comes to mind:
http://www.KawiForums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43941

The other day I rode with someone through some heavy traffic and when we stopped at a rest area he took his helmet off and he was all smiles. When I asked why he was smiling he told me that even through the traffic on a hot day, all that mattered was that he was on his bike and he was happy.

If you love riding as much as my friend and as much as I do then why not get something comfortable to do it with?

I got a VFR about a month ago and I ride this thing for long miles and never get tired. My ZX, although much more powerful, would give me some body pains if ridden the same distance.

So yeah. Call me whatever you like but that won’t stop me from being happy with what I'm riding. I'll have a grin on my face while you bust out the ben-gay.

Happy riding.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,423 Posts
Originally posted by trig
More power to ya, a motorcycle is a motorcycle. But, with the prices of Goldwings these day's, I'd probably buy a jap cruiser and a porsche instead! :D
The Gold Wing IS a japaneese cruiser, isn't it? I mean, I know it's like all touring and stuff...but it's still just a cruiser, right?

As for the gold wing...I've met a few guys that ride them, and they love them. They feel MUCH lighter than they really are, even just off the kickstand, and these guys put over 20k miles per year on them. If you're going to get a plush comfy touring ride and still be on two wheels, the Goldwing's just about as good as it gets.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Originally posted by zx10rpsycho
"If you're going to ride a couch stay at home!" is what I tell peaople on those things.
Here's a friend of mine riding the Dragon on his ST1100.

He's 27!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.