Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i lowsided my bike, my spools ripped off the threaded part of the swingarm so now i cant add spools to my bike to get it off the ground.

i will probably eventually replace the swingarm, but for the meantime will a long enough rod thru the rear axle work with bike stands?

i know the axle part where the rod would go thru is quite a bit higher than where the spools mount, so i wonder if ill even be able to get it high enough? or what?

what do you guys think??

·
Registered
128 Posts
It can be done!
A friend of mine has a home made one that works with a rear axle rod!
I'll try to post up a picture of it!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I thought about that a few months ago. I just need someone who knows how to weld, so I can make a custom stand.

·
Registered
439 Posts
here's a pic of my powers spools, Haven't mounted them yet but I think I'll just bend the cotter pin out of the way

·
Registered
527 Posts
Looks slick, I may have to fab something up like that...but if my tabs get ripped off, I'll just weld them back on...lol

GunRunner

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
The rear chain adjuster lifts are made by Gilles, they use a adapter on the stand that has a spool and it lift the Gilles piece and pulls the bike up.

you can use a rod thru the rear axle, but how are you going to remove the rear wheel if you do it this way?

The better answer would be to find a machins shop and ahve them reweld a new bung on the swing arm. Had a buddy here do the exact same thing and that is what we did and now he can use spool lifts again.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'll try fabbing a set out of billet 6063...just thread them onto a piece of threaded rod...then if you have to remove the rear wheel, just unscrew them and remove it...

GunRunner

·
Registered
173 Posts
i had to do this once to adjust my chain & change my oil on a road trip to B.F.E. i ran a piece of wrought iron through the axle & while i lifted the back of the bike up, my friend slid jack stands under it,worked pretty good & it was really stable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.