Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
I ran alot of trips to my old hometown about 200 mile round trip last summer. Doesnt bother me all that much. good adjustable rearsets are a big +.

·
Registered
264 Posts
on the 04 the best thing I did was buy a Corbin seat. It made a helluva difference. Your butt doesn't get as tired.

G

·
when i rode everyday, i went from here to south FL and back the same day. i dont remember how long it took each way. im thinking 2.5 hours or so, only stopped for gas. i dont remember it being that painful. on the way back is when i used earplugs for the first time and it made the trip a whole lot easier.

but then this past weekend i rode for about 5 hours. close to 200 miles of back roads and twisties, stopping a few times. i was exhausted when i got back and in pain the next day. the bad part about only riding one day a week these days.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
A week after i got the Bike.... I drove it to work. Its about 55 miles each way. On the way there i was fine. On the way back i stopped once because my pelvic area was uncomfortable. Other than that not too bad. The first day i had it i couldnt feel my wrists (I was on it all day), i'm now learning to use my back and abs and its a lot better

·
Registered
306 Posts
the longest i went was maybe 300 miles in a day threw the mountains and stuff with the wife on the back.wasnt to bad just my wrist from when the wife would slide into me[}:)]

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm a taller rider, and have long arms, so long trips aren't as bad as i thought they would be, i had a yamaha 600r before which is very different ergo wise. MY wrists hurt for the first two days after i got my bike but i quickly got used to it. I put on about 8k a year up here and this bike will still allow me to do that without much discomfort!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I rode about 500 miles straight one way and 500 back the next day from dc to south carolina and it was very hard. I was riding with my uncle on his harley so the pace was around 70 or so. That is what made it extra hard. At times I had to hang off to one side of the bike to let one check and leg rest then switch to the other side. When I became really tired or sore I would hit about 120 to get juices flowing. Adrenaline takes away the pain. Coming back was harder because it seemed as if I would never get home. After about 250 miles into the return trip I gave my unlce the head signal that I was out and I dumped the gears and I was out of there. All highway there and back. Riding long distances with other sportbikes or fast cruisers arent that bad, its the long rides with touring bikes and big ass harley sytle bikes that hurt the azzz. Yes long distance is a killer on the butt. But when riding with other sportbikes which usually is alot faster pace you get to take alot more and longer pit stops.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Longest I went was around 300 miles in one day. Towards the end I was starting to stand alot and move around quite a bit. My body was getting cramped up and uncomfortable. But wasnt unbearable.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have been riding every single day for about 3 years now, and i seriously mean 365 days times 3 and i think its become second nature to me, i have gone from Socal all the way up to Norcal, like nothing what i have learned though is that i get more bored and tierd on a straigh trip then a trip with twist and turns, for me the twists and turns keep my mind occupied and busy and makes the drive go a lot faster and i dont even feel the trip when im done

·
Registered
372 Posts
Routinely go on two tank rides(300 m)stopping only for gas.You really need to work on proper posture.No weight on hands.The need to develop abs and possibly more importantly,legs,cannot be overemphasized.

Long rides and long trips are two different things in my pea brain.A "ride" is pegdragging and rd trashin here in the mnts.A trip means the destination is "as" important,which will see me on somthing other than the 636.Best of luck,BW

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.