Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
isn't a sport tire a bit overkill for you?

why not just get a set of PR2's or 3's. it's not like you track the bike or use it for anything but riding in a straight line.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
How long do these last?

I'm riding Dunlop sportmax roadsmarts now and have about 4k on them. The back tire still has plenty left in it but the front is through the wear bars on the sides only. The middle is fine. Kind of triangle shaped now. Is 4k about what I can expect from most tires? I know some people claim 20k or whatever but not with the kind of ridding I do. I was thinking if I'm going to pay for a whole tire I should be able to use the whole thing right? Maybe I should look into something that is not multiple compound?

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
How long do these last?

I'm riding Dunlop sportmax roadsmarts now and have about 4k on them. The back tire still has plenty left in it but the front is through the wear bars on the sides only. The middle is fine. Kind of triangle shaped now. Is 4k about what I can expect from most tires? I know some people claim 20k or whatever but not with the kind of ridding I do. I was thinking if I'm going to pay for a whole tire I should be able to use the whole thing right? Maybe I should look into something that is not multiple compound?
i got close to 11,000 miles out of a set in the middle of the tire in the florida heat.

that said i put 2000 miles on a set in the mountains and they were roached.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
I toasted a front (the sides) in as little as 2k miles on the street.

·
Overwhelming Splendidery
13,553 Posts
I don't see how it applied to Newbie's thread... but Angels are sweet, lol.

I want em on my 250, if I ever get the heart to ride again.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't see how it applied to Newbie's thread... but Angels are sweet, lol.

I want em on my 250, if I ever get the heart to ride again.
It's all good I don't mind seeing what goodies other guys got in the mail too.

:D

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
mine came with battleax back in 04' worst tires i ever had. maybe theyve improved lol, but i wont trym agin.

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
your bike came stock with a BT-019 on the front and a BT-012 on the back. the -016s are a slight step up ;)

in fact they're better than 2CTs

you should also realize that OEM tires are never as good as their aftermarket counterparts.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts