Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Look What I Just Got in the Mail!!

4K views 99 replies 23 participants last post by  ZX6RRNewbie 
#1 ·
#6 ·
How long do these last?

I'm riding Dunlop sportmax roadsmarts now and have about 4k on them. The back tire still has plenty left in it but the front is through the wear bars on the sides only. The middle is fine. Kind of triangle shaped now. Is 4k about what I can expect from most tires? I know some people claim 20k or whatever but not with the kind of ridding I do. I was thinking if I'm going to pay for a whole tire I should be able to use the whole thing right? Maybe I should look into something that is not multiple compound?

#7 ·
How long do these last?

I'm riding Dunlop sportmax roadsmarts now and have about 4k on them. The back tire still has plenty left in it but the front is through the wear bars on the sides only. The middle is fine. Kind of triangle shaped now. Is 4k about what I can expect from most tires? I know some people claim 20k or whatever but not with the kind of ridding I do. I was thinking if I'm going to pay for a whole tire I should be able to use the whole thing right? Maybe I should look into something that is not multiple compound?
i got close to 11,000 miles out of a set in the middle of the tire in the florida heat.

that said i put 2000 miles on a set in the mountains and they were roached.

#25 ·
The OEM Bridgestones on my bike were not that impressive either, but the aftermarket Bridgestones have all been good to me.

#32 ·
your bike came stock with a BT-019 on the front and a BT-012 on the back. the -016s are a slight step up ;)

in fact they're better than 2CTs

you should also realize that OEM tires are never as good as their aftermarket counterparts.
Better how? Longevity? Grip? Both? I love my 2CT's and I'm on my second set. I'll likely go to some sport touring tires though considering how much commuting I do, just to save some money. I'm not sure which brand of Battleax I had on my GSXR when I bought it, but they felt kinda spongy and didn't inspire much confidence.

i hated my battle ax's

i love my michelins tho
I too am partial to Michelins, but I'm interested in looking at other tires. I ran some Pirelli Diablo street tires on my GSXR and they worked great. The Dunlops I've run were pretty good, but they ran out super fast.

So Newbie, how many miles do you get out of these bad boys? Have you run these before?

#28 ·
Just so everyone is aware, ALL of Bridgestone's sport bike tires are called Battle Axes. That doesn't mean they are the same, and like GTS said, OEM and after market tires are not the same.

#30 ·
Yeah I didn't care for the OEM BT016s either but the after market ones have been pretty good to me and ever since I heard that they had upgraded the old BT016s to the BT016 Pro-HyperSport. I just had to try them.

#31 ·
when did you even have the OEM BT-016s? and why did you have them? the 06 636 came with BT-014s from the factory.

09 was the first year BT-016s came on a the ZX-6R OEM equipped. did you go out and buy the OEM replacement tires for the 09+ for some reason not knowing they were different?

#34 · (Edited)
GTS goes hard on newbie any chance he can get. He and ****** have to be brothers.
GTS LOL I don't care what that asshole has to say I don't have time for a lowlife like him.

BTW You better take that back!! You can't even say GTS and ****** in the same sentence!! ****** is a very cool dude who will go out of his way to help others and I respect that. You should see what ****** did for Juan from Blissfull Bedrooms, totally cool.

GTS on the other hand is, how can I put this to be very accurate.......... oh yeah GTS is a complete ASSHOLE!! Like GENPATTON said before and I agree GTS should've learned after his last accident that KARMA is a bitch and it will get ASSHOLES like him.

#37 ·
GTS is often right, but seldom diplomatic.

That's people for yeah. :dunno:
He may be right some times, I don't disagree with you there, but he's still a total asshole who thinks that some how he's God's gift to the Motorcycle World.

It's a shame that someone who has some knowledge to share with others isn't able to because of his character, it's a darn shame.

Oh well, sucks for him.

:D

#41 ·
I am looking at new tires, I mostly ride street no track. I use my bike to commute to work and things but also want to have good grip in the twisties. Any suggestions. My new 06 zx6r still has the OEM tires on it, cause I bought it last month with 900 miles on it. sorry to hijack.

#42 ·
Once again, there is no need to carry on about it every time. Ignore it, or put him on your ignore list. This thread isn't about him as a person, unless the thread title changed and it isn't showing on my screen.

#45 ·
Why do WE have to put GTS on our ignore list, why do WE have to ignore him? While you allow him to attack others and say anything he wants. But when WE speak our mind you come down on us?

I want the same privilege GTS has or is there a double standard?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.