Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 05 zx-10 with 450 miles on it. It has flushies, Leo Vince pipe, and intergrated rear blinkers. The dude is selling it for a steal for my area. I'm test riding it tonight in hope's to love it. Had a R1 last year and now I'm trying to find a replacement.

What are the pro's and con's of the zx-10? Any help would be great...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Pros- it looks better than the 06 zx10r,its faster than your R1, great track bike, and your getting a "steal". Cons- it won masterbike 2 years running in the only magazine nobody cares about.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The R1 went on the chopping block for a Rockcrawling CJ. I miss it... badly.

Well, Dude let me take it for a spin last night and I found the bike to be pretty quick. The power band seems to be at higher R's and comes on pretty controlled verses the old R1. I live over 6,000' so the elevation takes me to a 18% horsepower loss. Not the wheely monster your read about at sea level. Maybe after a PCIII, K&N, and a few dyno runs. Comfort was to be expected, however it seemed like "the boys" had more room and weren't smashed against the tank. That's always a bonus. Braking was great. Handling was fine, and I can live without the steering damper for now. What do you think a good price would be for this Beast?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.