Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need one for 2001 zx6r, just the can and bolts that connect the can to the header pipe.
I also need the bolt that connects the muffler to the passenger peg, and the 2 rubber things that go inside that hole. I know the last part is confusing but if someone knows exactly what i'm talking about please just write it down. In your post.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
You are talking about the hanger bolt and rubber bushings. I have my can off my 02. It is powdercoated purple but I can remove that with some paint stripper. I may also have the bolt and bushings. It is raining like hell outside right now and I am not going out there to check it. I will look when it quits.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

This is the pipe. The nuts are screwed onto the studs. I looked and I do not have the hanger bolt or bushings.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Well, I had it on my yellow 02. I had painted the bottom of it purple and had a lot of other purple powdercoating done. It was a little much for me. We were just practicing w/ the powdercoat. I can remove the coating though if you want me too. Make me an offer. The shipping will probably be about 9 or 10 bucks.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could you also take out the rivets and gut out the baffling shit on the inside and re-rivet it? And also remove the coat? If you gut out the baffling shit I'll give you $75.
Sounds good?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I can take out the packing if that is what you are asking. I have already taken the cap off once and drilled 4 holes in the rear and put it back on. I did not notice any difference in the way it sounded like that but if I take the packing out you will. You will probably lose a couple of hp though b/c you won't have any backpressure. I don't have any problems w/ $75. I will try to work on it tomorrow afternoon and I will post back if you want me to.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you remove that powder coating, will it get back to the original color? If so than remove that packing on the inside and you got a deal.
About losing horsepower, with my other stock can, it would lose power in all the upper rpms,I wasn't able to hit 155, but when I removed the muffler, I could hit it easily. I don't know why my bike does works like that, but that's why I want a gutted can. Having no can is to loud and I'm constantly getting looked at by the cops. And please include those 3 buts, where do you think I could get those 2 other pieces?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Ronayers.com would be a good place to look for the bolt and bushings. Yes, it will turn back to its original color. I don't really understand why you could only hit 155 on the stock muffler. Strange. I will try and work on it this afternoon.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I couldn't hit 155 on a stock muffler. All I could hit was 130 and than it would crawl. I bought it used from a dealer, maybe what happened is, is that the person who sold it to them had a different exhaust on there, and maybe jetted it. When do you think you'll have it ready? Do you also have a paypal account?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Yeah, I use paypal. I took the cap off and got out all the packing I could this afternoon. I will get the coating off tomorrow afternoon and post a pic of the finished product for you. Then you can paypal me. My address is [email protected]

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Here's the after pic.

This pic shows where I had to pull the cap w/ pliers.

I will take $75 shipped UPS if you still want it. Sorry about the plier incident. That powdercoat had the cap on tight as hell.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I got what I could get out from the back. Don't know if it is all of it or not. If I take the next cap off I probably will not be able to put it back on. It is not just riveted in.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Okay, there is still some in there. I cannot get all of it out w/o cutting out the next cap. If I cut this out I will not be able to weld it back in. The packing that I got out was around the center tube. Thay was all I got out. I am not going any farther into it. If I do it may not be any good anymore. Then, I will have to throw it away. When it was on my bike, I could run 170 no problem. The pipe is in great condition other than the plier marks. I was keeping it in case something happened to my carbon fiber can. If I render it useless it will be no good to you or me. I am not going any further into it just to try and get a few bucks for it. If I don't have it for a spare it will cost me $300 to replace the can I do have. I will sell it to you like it is for $75 shipped as is. I don't want to sound like an a$$hole, but if you want me to try and cut that cap out and remove the packing you will have to pay up front b/c I don't want to end up w/ a pipe that is possibly trash. If you pay up front, you may end up w/ junk. But, as I stated b/4 I will sell it to you as is.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wouldn't want you to cut out the front cap. I know that the can would be useless after that. I'll send you the money today. Sorry about sounding difficult.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
No problem sniper. I wouldn't say you were difficult, just curious. I kind of was myself. Like 41fire's pic shows you can also polish it. It's not that hard to do. Same as polishing rims. As soon as I see the money in my paypal account I will ship it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.