Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know theres alot of full systems out there but im looking for the rite one for my 02 ZX-6R. My question is which one is the way to go and how much im i looking to fork out???

Theres no half way about it ZX says it all! [:M117]

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Hindle offers good bang for the buck. If you dont mind waiting a couple months to the Toronto bike shows, you should be able to get a full system for right around $1000 including tax. My buddy got a full Hindle highmount oval system, titanium can, for 975 or 1075.

Akro is the king for Kawi's, but its way more expensive.

Hindle sounds more F1'ish, whereas Akro is a deeper, more mellow sound.
D&D, Micron, 2Bros are also popular choices.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I bought a full hindle, SS Oval supersport can. I like mine and I bought the whole thing for like $500 + $100 for a Factory Jet kit.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
A full system (since you're in Canada I'll use CDN dollars) should run anywhere from $1,000 to $2,500. In a lot of ways you get what you pay for, in a lot of ways many people wouldn't care enough about what you get for $2,500 to justify the price. Only you can decide. A full stainless steel Hindle with a stainless can would probably be on the low end of that scale. A full titanium Akrapovic would be on the high end. How much do you care about best build quality and weight and engineering, and how much do you care about bang for the buck? Nobody else can answer that for you. My recommendation as always is to go look at some of the products out on the street or in the showrooms and decide what your goals are. If you want the best of the best, you'll be looking for something different entirely than if you're just looking for something that will do the job at a good price.

Why not start by researching them on the web. This oughta get you started...

www.akrapovic-exhaust.com
www.arata-ex.com
www.twobrothersracing.com
www.yoshimura-rd.com
www.hindle.com
www.micronexhaust.com
www.muzzys.com
www.laser-jama.nl
www.vanceandhines.com
www.danddexhaust.com
www.m4exhaust.com
www.jardineproducts.com
http://www.arrow.it/eng/home
www.leovince.com
www.remus.at
www.blueflameperformance.com
www.satoracing.com
www.artexhausts.com
www.bos-exhausts.com
www.scorpion-exhausts.com

Remember that by adding a full exhaust system, regardless of make, you're going to want to invest in a jet kit to get the fuel-air mixture reset properly...

www.ivansperformanceproducts.com
www.dynojet.com

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Originally posted by TDragon
so for a full system on a FI bikes I'll wanna get a power commander?
It's recommended that you do. I know guys who don't use a power commander, and their bikes are fine. I have a power commander and Akrapovic full race system on my bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.