Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am just learning to do wheelies and yea mine suck. anyway heres whats happening. i power it up in first at about 6 or 7 grand and she comes up pretty hard. by the way it is a yellow 01 6r. she comes up real fast and feels like its gonna keep goin up so i let off. this happens aboout 3 seconds into the wheelie. i dont want to but i get nervous that im gonna go back or loop. Is that the meaning of that term. So does anyone have any advise that may help me overcome this fear. also she comes down pretty hard when i let off. i know i should pull the clutch in but when i reach for it, it feels like im gonna lose control. is comin down off wheelies do any damage or am i just paranoid

·
Registered
401 Posts
it helped me by having a friend tape me and see how high i actually was. check my avatar. when i compared that to some videos and pictures of other people's wheelies, i figured i had another foot or so to play with. Don't know if it's true, but it made me more comfortable. For the hard landing just give it some gas on the way down and you should land soft.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
If you can look straight ahead and still see the road, you are not high enough. Took me a while to figure that out. I started by doing second gear wheelies. It just seems like it is harder to control throttle in first. But, now I can ride through first, second, and third. Practice, Practice, Practice.:)

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have an 01 yellow 6r and I found the easiest way was to mix 1/2 tank of 93 octang and 1/2 110 racing fuel. All ya have to do is just twist the throttle.....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
today I executed a fairly decent wheelie for me, but once again she started to come up too higher and i felt uncomfortable and i let off. I hate being a puss. anyway ill keep at it

·
Registered
999 Posts
I hate being a puss is one way to look at it but the way I see it you rode within your limits and you knew when to stop when you were uncomfortable, thats not being a puss thats being a good rider. Just keep with it and you will have it down in no time.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
If you do decide to grow bigger balls please put on the right gear. I agree with Miny, don't go too fast, stay comfortable, keep practicing, and good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.