Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get some new tires as the next riding season starts. What tire should i go with? i have the battalax stockers now.. they dont seem to offer good grip till they really get heated up. should i look at some dunlops or pirelli's? i want a good aggressive street tire.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
You want aggressive tyres? Get thee some Pirelli Diablo's or Metzeler Sportec M1's. Wicked.
They both have great grip and turn in really quickly, the Metzeler's a bit more so. They both feel fantastic when they're leant over.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
They grip really hard. Great tyres for twisty roads.[:M88]

·
Registered
401 Posts
another vote for pirelli diablos.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Metzeler and Pirelli are owned by the same company. The Diablo and Sportec are very similar if not identical except for the tread patern. I would go with the one I got a better deal on.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Michelin is coming out with a new tire in January. Freddie Spencer helped develop this tire. At his school last month, he said these tires make him 1 second faster than he is on the current Michelin Pilot Race tires. I plan to get a set for the 636 after the first of the year.

From http://www.michelinman.com/difference/releases/pressrelease11062003a.html ...

In January, the Michelin® Pilot® Power goes on sale for sport motorcycles. It has already been approved as original equipment on the major new bike for 2004, the Yamaha YZF 1000 R1.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have had both the M-1's and the Diablo's, you cant go wrong with either. The Diablos have more inline stability, but the M-1's were nice in the corners, you cant go wrong either way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.