Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 zx6r havent done the research but I'm looking for good sound and some performance gain. I'm looking to spend around $300. who makes the best one?

·
Registered
7 Posts
it's personal preference... can't really get anything from slipons cept look and sound. I heard a scorpion on a 636 it sounds nice. I have a black satin d&d, i love it! but it is loud as FUGG!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I just bought a Two Brothers Racing carbon slip on. I bought it used and I had to cut off about two inches from the end of the collector pipe but it fits good now. It has a neat sound and with the shims I put on my main jets I think the bike is a little faster at higher rpms, we are not talking about a huge difference, but it is there. Basically it is a straight through pipe with just some baffling around the edges to produce a better sound. The stock pipe is kinda restrictive for sound and emmission reasons. If you can get the exhaust out faster you can get more fuel in. If you dont change anything but a slip on you probably wont notice much. I reccommend jetting or at least shimming like I did. This will put more fuel in to go with your pipe that will let more exhaust out. I also have an advancer to go on this weekend. I may try to find a 636 to run with so I can see if Ive narrowed the performance gap much.:D
Oh, the biggest gain from the carbon slip on is weight. The one I got only weighs about three pounds. The stock can must have weighed 15-20!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by SeDiCe
i have a akra but its a full sys, i heard akra has good slip ons
Yes, but you won't find one for $300 unfortunately...

DTM, your profile shows you have a 2002? And you bought a slip on (as opposed to a bolt on)? And you had to cut pipe? I'm confused. The '02 had a bolt on system - and you shouldn't have been required to cut any pipe - it fastens right on to the stock flange.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have d&d they attract alot of attention to u. especially from cops. They are one of the cheapest though. Its a personal choice

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Here we go with the exhaust again. that the last thing i need to read. I am already going crazy just as I think I got my mind made up. Up comes another post on exhaust :) I am gonig to have to stay off this site till I make up mind.....

Scorpion Exhaust Anyone?
Has any one heard the sound?
What do you think about?
lifetime

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the full yoshi system it's awesome, if your gonna get anything get either akra or yoshi, it's a slip on so you are really not gonna get that much power out of it(I know I had an m4 slip on) go w/ the one that sounds the best.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.