Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not very familiar with the Ninja for starters but I am looking into a 2008 500R with about 2K miles on it for $3,100 at my local dealer. I am looking for a bike that is quick enough for me while not being too crazy. I am looking for reliability, durability and an overall good bike. I already got a quote on this bike, and being only 19 the cost is high but in my budget. I have ridden dirt bikes and my most recent bike was my Fathers KLR 650 that he let me use sense he got a Harley. I have had personally around 8 bikes and have my endorsement, before I waste my time and the dealers time can I get your guys opinions on this?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
The miles are really too low- I would put new tires on it, even if the tires look good. Make sure you lube the chain very well since it was parked more than used and might have some stiff links.

I think you are lucky to find one with so few miles, and they are great for a beginner on the street.

After the 2007 economic collapse, one magazine writer wrote that he would buy a used Ninja 500 if he lost his good job, and he would put any extra cash into a better suspension and track days.
-
-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts