Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been doing alot of research and balancing my needs and whatnot, and like many others, I have decided that the little Jr. Ninja would be perfect for me to get started on. I can't wait!

Anyway, I am just wondering... I have been offered a 2000 zzr250 for $2000. (CDN) Now that would be great, but it's got some parts missing, and I am just wondering how much trouble I am getting myself into with finding the parts, and how hard it would be to get her all put together and going properly.

The guy who made the offer (private sale) seems like a pretty good guy, and the bike looks great, but it is missing the plastics from the back end around the seat, tail light, and over the frame under the seat.

As for the overall condition of the bike, it looks great and has been recently painted. The only visible damage that I could see was that the exhaust pipe was a bit scuffed up, probably from being dropped, but I play on putting a new exhaust/kit on it anyway.

So what I am asking is, how much trouble/money would it cost me to get the proper parts for this bike, and what are some things that a noobie like me can look out for to make sure the bike is in good shape before buying it?

Looking forward to getting on the road! ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
You should probably but a complete bike as your first bike, but you can check Ebay for those parts. The only place I know of that can help you with the ZZR is www.ninja250.com. Good choice of a bike. Easy to learn on and a blast to ride once you do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.