Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna buy a zx10 this weekend..I need help making up my mind 1st on color 2should i wait on the 07.and people been telling me there was head shaking @ 140 could u guy's help me( I like the yellow one)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think the only thing different for 07 is the colors, so if you want yellow I'd get her now. Haven't had any headshake problems with mine (knock on wood). Bad ass bike if you ask me. You won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks i'm gonna get it for 10200 the sales man is trying to make me get to get a cbr1000 for 9700k telling me that the kawi WILL break down on me

·
Registered
232 Posts
thats bs, this thing is rock solid, all the new bikes are now a days...The honda isnt quite the beast the ninja is anyways

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so no problem with the head shake ...Today is friday and on the way to the dealer tomorrow so i would like to know of any problems that i might have or should i wait until the new ones come out

·
Registered
9 Posts
CBRs are probably the most reliable bikes both frame and electronics. The reason they are slower is because of the beefier frame and all over worked electronic sensors loaded into the bike. You have sensors to check other sensors.

I bought my 06 zx10, sweet ride. Makes some noises I don't like, but that can be fixed by changing the exhaust. I went with black. I also have a 05 R1 raven, been pretty happy with her for a long time now. Shows me nothing but love.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey. I love this bike. Like they said, you will love it. but I, unlike him, do get headshake. I got it under hard acceleration, but then I turned the damper all the way up and that went away, but like you asked I get headshake no matter what I do at 150-155mph. So unforutately that's as fast as I've gotten her. Which pisses me off because I want to top her out at the 184mph like I here she'll do [}:)]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well the headshake is bad enough to make me not go any faster than 155mph. They don't go completely side to side like it did before I turned up the damper but it's probably an inch or 2 side to side but kinda fast. Almost like you're in a tank slapper but with the bike being stable. You could get a better damper. I'm going to switch to the GPR! Awesome damper!!

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Originally posted by GreenStang347
Well the headshake is bad enough to make me not go any faster than 155mph. They don't go completely side to side like it did before I turned up the damper but it's probably an inch or 2 side to side but kinda fast. Almost like you're in a tank slapper but with the bike being stable. You could get a better damper. I'm going to switch to the GPR! Awesome damper!!
There was a recall on the ohlins damper the bike came with. Take it to the dealer and let them tighten in down. I haven't had a problem with headshake at all and I've been 165 so far. I've even come down from a wheelie with the front cocked sideways and the damper smoothed it right on out. Great bike

·
Registered
54 Posts
The damper is between $300-$400 and it should stop all headshake! It is awesome. When it's turned all the way up you can barely move the handle bars lol. Oh, and I've had the recall done for a long time ago.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW I'M RIDING i just got it today AND WWWWOOOOOweeeeee
I got it @ 1 today (yellow) the sales man told me not to go pass 100mph ..until 600 miles ..but how could i not i already but 87 miles on it today and it is everything i wanted and more wow ...All day people telling me how much they Love it I love the lights ,the park light's are crazy ,the dash is Krazy only thing i don't know how much gas is in it ...But who gives a damn i'm not stoping until the light come's on anyway. It is powerful powerful powerful powerful
i can't ride until this weekend because of work and the storm( i live in miami ) so thx i will not be seeing no bike on the street I just enjoying the day .....Bikes (r-1's...cbr's gxr want to race all day ......) Please go play somewere this bike is in a class all by it self....That's just me ...i will not be doing no upgrade until i get use to the power (pic coming soon)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Originally posted by GreenStang347
The rubber that it comes with is pretty good. And I have my suspension set up to Kawi's baseline track setup! Very nice through the twisties!! [:p]
but not good enough to help avoid headshake right?! many have complained about it, replaced the tires and waaaaaaaaaaala gone, so yes not all tires are right for a particular machine no matter if they come from the factory or not.

BD

·
Registered
93 Posts
Originally posted by Big Daddy

but not good enough to help avoid headshake right?! many have complained about it, replaced the tires and waaaaaaaaaaala gone, so yes not all tires are right for a particular machine no matter if they come from the factory or not.

BD
When I went to the dealer, I spoke with a salesman that had 8 bikes currently. He has owned all the latest liter bikes for several years, and puts them all through alot of track time. When I asked him about the handling of the new ZX-10, he said it was horrible, and kind of scary with the stock tires. The first thing he did was swap out the tires, and he said it was like he was riding a new bike. All of the weird feedback he was getting from the bike was gone. From everything I've heard, the stock tires seem to be a terrible combination for the ZX-10's setup. For some reason they just don't work with the bike and need to be swapped out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by Big Daddy

BD
BD is correct. For some, the bike comes from the factory set-up pretty well but for others depending on your weight it might be in your best interest to set-up your suspension and replace tires. I actually like the Qualifiers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I only would like to her from owner's of the 2006 zx10,,,,,,,,,,,,I really don't care about what u may have read in any mag .thx

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.