Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade to a different riding position of bike. Owned an '01 Suzuki Bandit before my zx6r and loved it, but always wanted to try a sportbike. Now that I've ridden one and gotten my feel for it,I want something that is more comfortable for the longer rides. I don't live close to any good tracks, nor do I have the time to track really at all. The sportbike doesn't suit my needs very well at the moment.

I have a budget of about $8-9k if I can sell my zx6r for $4k and still have a good amount of emergency money left over. I've been looking at Triumph Street Triples, Sprints, and Daytona 955s. Also the Honda VFR800 and Kawasaki Mean Streak SE has been on the list as well. The S3 has my attention due to the street figther look, single sided swingarm, and I actually really like the hooligan style front headlight. Other bikes I've looked at and considered would be the SVs and E6ns, but I don't know if I want to go that route of a bike. I would feel like I'm regressing with those two bikes. Not so much with speed, but style. Just doesn't offer enough of what I'm looking for.

What do you members think? If there is something else you would recommend that I didn't mention, I'm up for all ideas.

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
A 955 Daytona is still a sportbike. And I don't like the seating position of cruisers. So that leaves my recommendation leaves the nakeds or sport touring bikes.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Best bike out there - 675 Street triple R. $9 k is possible...

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far everyone is staying in the Triumph family. The S3s are so freaking mean looking. It's a bike I could ride for years and not complain.

·
Registered
121 Posts
A couple things you could try is....keep your bike (seems like a nice one with your mods), get lowering links for the rear end to put the seat a little lower, shave your seat down to a comfortable position, do the flip and swap to your clipons(excellent mod for comfort), it'll move you back so your position isn't so aggressive and more comfortable. Worth a try before you sell your 636, unless you are absolutely set on getting a new bike.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A couple things you could try is....keep your bike (seems like a nice one with your mods), get lowering links for the rear end to put the seat a little lower, shave your seat down to a comfortable position, do the flip and swap to your clipons(excellent mod for comfort), it'll move you back so your position isn't so aggressive and more comfortable. Worth a try before you sell your 636, unless you are absolutely set on getting a new bike.

That's an option that I could entertain. Prior owner already installed lowering links so it's already dropped an 1" to an 1.5". I've always wondered how a sportbike would handle with sport standard bars.

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
Helibars is a company that makes convertible clip-ons for some bikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts