Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw this checking out today's woot. I know, this isn't exactly 250 related, but look at the body styling, and the front headlight. Look familiar??? I nearly bought it just because I could paint it and it would be a replica of my 250. Then, I thought, hell I'll just go ride mine.

Wheels are different and it's got the ebay rear hugger, but it IS a kawi!

radio control 250r replica???

·
Registered
94 Posts
hey ace where did you see that at. I would love to have one for my little collection of bikes....thanks!!!!

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
saw this checking out today's woot. I know, this isn't exactly 250 related, but look at the body styling, and the front headlight. Look familiar??? I nearly bought it just because I could paint it and it would be a replica of my 250. Then, I thought, hell I'll just go ride mine.

Wheels are different and it's got the ebay rear hugger, but it IS a kawi!

radio control 250r replica???

No, no, no. That's definitely not a model of the 250r. What's interesting about it is that it does have 250r motor in it...:rotflmao:

Bad joke but, someone had to say it.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I have one of those R/C bikes. It's a Honda with Kenny Roberts on it. There's a gyroscope thingy in the rear wheel to keep them upright and they're pretty fast for an electric R/C bike. They're a blast to run and even more fun if you have a friend with a second one with a different radio channel. Takes crashes pretty well too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have one of those R/C bikes. It's a Honda with Kenny Roberts on it. There's a gyroscope thingy in the rear wheel to keep them upright and they're pretty fast for an electric R/C bike. They're a blast to run and even more fun if you have a friend with a second one with a different radio channel. Takes crashes pretty well too.

oh neat. does it wheelie??? Also it says it has a reverse??? Is this true?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
wow... must be a model of the 09 250R?? ... no wonder they stopped production of the 08s... they are adding a reverse gear to the 09's!!! :D

... wait, if it does wheelie, it has to be a model of an 09 cause I can't get my 08 to wheelie worth a shit, yo!! More powa for the 09's!! Damn, Kawasaki finally beefed up the squirrels in 09!!

You heard it here first folks... now go spread that all over the 250R forum. ;)

er... nice model. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, the 7th gear unlocks and you get reverse and cruise control and A/C. And power windows, err mirrors. All for 2009.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
My Kenny Roberts Honda is a house brand that was bought at Radio Shack a couple of years ago. It's not a Nikko like the OP's and has 5" wheels, which makes it pretty big (and heavy) for an R/C. Unfortunately it doesn't wheelie, or stoppie either. Not enough initial torque. No reverse either. Once it gets going though it can do some awesome jumps and people are always amazed at how fast it is. There are thin metal "guides" that keep it from leaning too low and lowsiding. Part of the fun is trying to lean it over as much as possible without chewing up those replaceable guides. They're sort of like knee pucks in that respect...LOL.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
yeah, the 7th gear unlocks and you get reverse and cruise control and A/C. And power windows, err mirrors. All for 2009.
Wow!! all that, too??? for a mere $500 MSRP increase, I think the 09s are looking like a bargain. Damn... I should have waited.:(

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
It would be sweet if someone did make a replica for the '08. I'd like to have a little red one on my desk at work.

For those of you who aren't noobs like me, will this probably happen? I mean, do most bikes eventually have some kind of die-cast made for them?
Good question, I'm not really sure. I would check Ebay for something like that. I would imagine that some kind of scale models are made of popular bikes (similar to cars).

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Good question, I'm not really sure. I would check Ebay for something like that. I would imagine that some kind of scale models are made of popular bikes (similar to cars).
Actually, scale models of small-displacement bikes are pretty rare. Most companies like Tamiya will only do a 250 if it's an oddball 2-stroke or a well-known track bike. I doubt you'll see a plastic scale model of a 250R from them until the bike has been on the market for several years, if at all. As far as I know, they never made a model of the old-style Ninja 250, but there are plenty of 600s and litre bike Kawasaki models by them.
A die-cast metal model is more likely, although I have yet to see one, and that's only because there are a lot more small companies making them than plastic motorcycle kits.

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/14109ninja_zxrr/index.htm

1 - 20 of 21 Posts