Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looped my bike this past weekend and tore up the entire front and subframe and all. I was wondering if an 05 - 06 636 front end will go on an 03? I've heard the 03/04s break from endos and since I'm rebuilding my bike anyways was going to see if this is possible and what all I would need for it. Also anyone know where to find parts fairly cheap? Was looking on ebay but don't know how reliable that is (have had issues with purchasing things from ebay before). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also I'm located in akron, oh that's why I ask about parts. I'd rather actually go to a shop to get parts rather than ordering but can't seem to find any type of sportbike shop around in northeast ohio. At least not anything but state8 and random local dealerships that dont specialize in anything for stunting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm at work atm. Ill put some pictures up later. Does the front end and swing arm just bolt on? Or is there some things you have to change?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks. would you happen to know what everyones talking about about spacers? are the 05 - 06 wheels thinner? im guessing you use the spacers to align the wheels but i dont see why?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
keep your swingarm. the 05-06 may look a little better but they are not as strong. same with the triple trees the 03-04 are a lot stronger. now it would be good to get a newer set of forks that dont seem to break as easily. the 07-08 forks might be best. get a set of woodcraft solid rear sets or make your own the stock ones are so weak. then cut about an inch of your peg and they wont break so easily. oh and SLOW DOWN!!! especially if you dont have brake control yet. put that thing back together as cheap as you can, get a cage, and go out and practice in first gear!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Felt like putting an update. A few more things and I should be up and riding :D. Also does anyone know what the switch in the first picture is? It was on the stock clutch but I put an ez pull on it. Do I need it? Can I bypass it? Also can you remove the wires for your gauges and signals? I'm trying to clean up some of the wires on the front of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts