Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my bike back on the road
and i noticed the gas tank has some play in it...i checked the bolts on the front of the tank and they are tight.

i took off the tank to tilt it...the play seems to be in the hinge part that lifts up but that bolt is tight too....

i had my VC done awhile back...otherwise my tank was not touched...does anyone elses tank have a bit of play...it seems that the 2 front gas tank bolts might be missing a spacer??

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had the same problem, Ended up being the rubber bumpers. They're just stuck there with cheap adhesive. I lost one and that let the tank wiggle side to side. Ended up just taking the remaining one bumper and cutting it in 1/2 to use 1/2 per side.

On that parts pic its part, 92161/A. Just rubber squares. They're positioned between the tank and the frame. If you're sitting on your bike they're at about 10o'clock and 2o'clock.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmm ok sounds like thats what my issue is....
im planning on putting on my GPR and hoping that will take some slack away anyways...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yeah it's always the rubber spacers. The adhesive doesn't hold up to the heat and they slowly migrate eventually falling off completely.

I cleaned them up and used some Gorilla Glue to keep them in place, been good ever since.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I had the same problem, Ended up being the rubber bumpers. They're just stuck there with cheap adhesive. I lost one and that let the tank wiggle side to side. Ended up just taking the remaining one bumper and cutting it in 1/2 to use 1/2 per side.

On that parts pic its part, 92161/A. Just rubber squares. They're positioned between the tank and the frame. If you're sitting on your bike they're at about 10o'clock and 2o'clock.

i bought mine used and i was wondering wtf those were

·
Registered
594 Posts
good stuff mine fell off I just havent replaced mine back on yet.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My rubber bumpers fell out too. I had a piece of black 1/2" rubber hose laying around. Cut two 1" pieces and glued them to the bottom of the tank on each side. Worked perfect..

·
Registered
467 Posts
how much play? the tank naturally has a little bit of play because of the bushings its on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine must be missing too b/c my tank wiggles...I just tell people it's so I can see how much gas is in there w/o shaking the whole bike ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts