Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know why but my peg on the shifter side keeps getting loose. I think Im going to try some lock tight. Has anyone had this problem? Any Ideas why its happening????? thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took it to the dealer and they said they cant warranty it because the peg has some scratches on the edge. So they think its been dropped. Even though Ive never dropped it. So the dealer will never see my bike again.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
your peg should have had locktight on it already...put more on and it should be fine...they are stock pegs aren't they?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but the '03's don't have locktite on them. Check to see if your C-Clip is missing(on shifter side its on the back side of the peg, towards the rear of the bike, it should spin freely but not be loose or missing).

I just installed a new peg and feeler on my '03 and all you have to do is pop off the C-Clip, pull the bolt out (careful with the spring), and presto - just swap for a new peg and do the reverse to re-install.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I think I fixed the problem. The pegs are stock and the c clip was still there. So I took the two bolts for the bracket that holds the peg out. Then used an allen wrench and took the bolt the holds the peg to the bracket out. It had locktite on it, but I think when they had to take the peg off before they didnt put new locktite on it. So I cleaned it up and put new locktite on all the bolts and now it seems fine. So I hope that was the fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.