Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Chicken strips are not necessarily an indication of how well you ride.
2. The track is the best place to try to lose your chicken strips.
3. Assuming the conditions are safe (e.g., track), the peg feelers should scrape before you lean too far, so until then, don't be afraid to lean the bike. With 1 inch or more of chicken strips, you are quite far from the limit.
4. The chicken strips might be a little slippery since they're unused rubber.

P.S. I'm not an expert, and I still have chicken strips on my right side. :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hey dont feel bad. With the new 03 6r it takes alot of lean to get those chicken strips to go away. You can lean these bikes over a ton and still have great control. Just have fun and dont worry about what people think and practice your lean. They will go away all in due time.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
take your time, the wrose thing you can do is go out on the street with goals of riding faster or pushing the bike more...

just take your time and ride, and soon you will be just naturaly leaning the bike over farthur....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yo,

It seem that all of my friends bikes have worn on there chicken strips alot more than me. I just can't seem to lean far enough. Is this just something that comes with time and Practice? It is my first street bike. Im about 1" to 1-1/2" away from the edge. Is that terrible or what? Thought I was a half way decent rider. I guess I've still got much to learn.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Trey

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Sorry, no chicken strips here; force of habit[^]/forum/uploads/Strong Bad/zx-6r_rear_shock0003.jpg

....just a chain in need of some attention.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Ya, but your chain could sure use some attention, gotta get rid of that rust!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
The best part of some of the ramps around here is the undertaking of slower automobiles. Apparently the DOT was kind enough to leave a generous amount of asphault shoulder for this very purpose. [^]

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
No chicken stripes @ the rear, front has < 1 cm of unused rubber on both sides (has something to do with the profile of Pirelli Diablo).

<- Knee down no problem...

Just take your time, learn to corner smoothly, add speed gradually and the chicken stripes will get smaller/disappear. And I agree that a trackday is the best place to loose them.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I don't think i'll ever get rid of my strips. I still have a good inch of rubber but I can make turns at high speeds with ease. So why should I lean her over more than that? I can't afford the track so I guess i'll be having Kentucky Fried Strips for a long time.
Also, i'm afraid that if I lean her more i'll not only be working on the rubber part but the plastic part.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.