Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got your attention, huh? who has tried aftermarket sprockets? i was thinking of going up a couple in back. would this make my wheelies more gradual? could i power wheelie in third? i dont want to loose too much top speed cuz i will go 160 if i can. any recomendations on gearing please. thanks guys

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Hey josh... there's a good discussion of gearing in another topic somewhere... I'd search for "gearing" or "sprockets" and check out all the results...

But keep in mind - basically 1 tooth in the front is the equivalent of 2 in the rear... best changes imo are in the rear, I've heard that too much change up front can really affect power delivery and even cause a lot of wear to sprocket, chain, and even engine...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, bro. i found what i was looking for right away. i think ill go with stock front and a 42 in the back, maybe a 43.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm gold D.I.D.

That's the ticket for my new bike... yes yes yes yes...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im kind of reconsidering making that purchase just yet. today was probably the fourth day ive rode my new 6r and i was bustin som muthafukin wheelies. 1st, 2nd, even a 3rd gear at a 100+!!!!!!!!! had to hit a bump for that third gear but who cares, I LOVE THIS BIKE. im such a dumbass though. this is exactly how i wrecked my first bike, doin wheelies. but i think there is a difference. that was a 95 fzr 600 which is very heavy and much harder to balance than the 6r. is there any way that a guy with only 3 months experience on a bike and one well learned accident, could somehow escape fate and not wreck this one?? i cant stop im like addicted to wheelies. i ride those wheelies sitting down now something that was impossible on my fzr. i can stand and sit down mid wheelie. hey, maybe ive just got more balls than brains, but i seriosly think i could be a good rider if i can find some way to overcome my addiction.. you know, just be happy with an occasional stoppie or something.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Just waiting for an extra $212 and it's time for a vortex 14 front, 42 rear, and a DID gold chain (110 length).

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Originally posted by dj dunzie

But keep in mind - basically 1 tooth in the front is the equivalent of 2 in the rear...
That is not quite right.

On the ZX-6R, one down in front is equal to about 2.9 up in back.

If you go down one in front or up two in back, you can use the 108-link stock chain. If you go up three in back, you need a 110-link chain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.