Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
So I took the bike in to the local shop for a dyno tune for the power commander and exhaust I just got. :)
I will post up the dyno results tomorrow.
On to the question. The guys at the shop said they noticed a horse power loss after the bike started heating up. They talked me into putting a heat shield between the tank and the engine, and some other areas. They said doing so will help keep the hot air from reaching the air box.
Has anyone ever noticed this? Is this something that can happen or was I scammed?
Bike sounds fn awesome with the leo vince sbk evo 2 gp. :):):):):):):):):):)

·
Registered
166 Posts
The air intake on the filter box is right behind the radiator. LOL Eventually I'll be ram airing my box. Those silly engineers and allowing hot air into my engine.

Don't worry about what they said. Shielding the bottom of the box won't help.

I'm gonna guess they put a fan/s right at the radiator and the air passing through the rad (which is now hot) was going straight into the filter box. It's just part of the bikes design.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Bikes always run hotter on a dyno than they do on the street. IMO you got scammed.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh well, Having them put the heat shield in didn't hurt anything, other than my wallet. Live and learn. :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts