Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 250r with around 630 miles. Initially I'd get about 35 mph on 6th gear at 4000 rpm and 50 mph at 6000 rpm. Lately it starts off fine but then seems to lose power after riding it for a while and goes down to 30 mph at 4000rpm and 45 mph at 6000rpm. It sounds a little different when it does this and doesn't accelerate as well either. Anyone have any idea why its doing this?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Check your plugs and make sure they're not fouled, do you leave your choke on? Also check your gas line and make sure the gas is flowing normally. Other than that im not sure, I dont know much :).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll check out the plugs, gas line, and clutch and see if any of those are the problem.

·
Registered
204 Posts
+1... My bike is not happy unless it is runnin at least around 7 to 8 k.... after that its good to go

Note:.. I have heard of inconcistency in the rpm gauge due to the cable heating up and expanding... although I cannot confirm this for sure but ive read it a few times on here...

but def check plugs if your loosin power..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i checked out the clutch and plugs and neither is the problem. Although today i rode the bike around for a while trying to replicate the problem and was unable to do so. It was pretty cool today weather-wise so i'm wondering if the issue has something to do with temperature. Anyways, thanks for everyones input into the situation, really appreciate it.

Oh and the reason i was keepin it at 4000 rpm was cuz the owners manual recommended it for the first 500 miles. Guess i didnt really need to follow that after reading some of the other break-in procedures on here and the bike actually does seem to be responding better now that im takin it a little rougher.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts