Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a "95" ZX7 with a D&D exhaust. My bike is hitting 130 in third gear but when I shift to forth I start losing power and speed drops to about 80. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
382 Posts
is it sputtering, or does it gradually lose power? I had a problem like that too, the bike would lose power in the higher gears, but it sputtered badly while losing speed. I thought it was a carb problem, but it turns out a couple of the vacuum lines were broken. I replaced them and that did the trick.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys, i just bought a 2000 zx7r. She only has about 3k on the clock. Anyway, I have a similar problem...wanted to go out and see what she was made of today and when i opened it up it would accelerate nicely untill about 7000 rpm and right when i was expecting it to explode with power, it felt like power was lost through the rest of the power band and the exhaust note changed slightly. It did it in 1-3 gears every time i opened it up (havent tried in 4-6). Can anyone tell me if this is normal, or what i could to do diagnose a potnetial problem? Only aftermarket on the bike is a yosh. slip on, if that makes any difference. Any help would be greatly appreicated. Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.