Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I upgraded the turn signals to LED and got they working fine. but I lost the headlight and tail light while doing it. I was wondering if it has anything to do with the BLK/Y wire in the front turn signals. I Didn't wire it to anything after i removed the lights.

Checked the fuses all good.

The brake light is an inter-graded turn/brake led. when i pull the brake power on that i lose the led so i know i have power to the tail.

I feel im just missing a connection from the LED upgrade but dont know where.

any help is appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so looks like I did screw up a bit. found a manual and it shows blue wire is running lights and green is turn signals. which is what I connected red and white on led signals too. I'm honestly surprised the led came on at all. so I will connect green and black/yellow to + - on led and see if that clears this up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My suspicion was correct, I got the brake light back by connecting green to black/yellow through the new signals. but no headlight still.

From what I see i think the running lights are connected to the headlight but not in series but kind of. so i think i need to get new running lights and a plate light since i still dont have those hooked up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts