Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For starters: wtf is the difference between a 500R, a GPZ500S and an EX500?:confused::confused:

Second off, my 91 doesnt seem to want to start. put in a new battery, new starter relay, new lines, new tank. I'm way more into this bike than originally informed. ive got fuel going to the carbs, but it doesnt want to crank. i think i may have accidently flooded the carbs, because my airbox was leaking gas as well as the carb vent(on top of that, should that get plugged? no, right?)
my old tank has a 2 part petcock, and now I've got some new petcock that only has 1 attachment. this is confusing, what's the new plumbing setup?
whats a "pair system?"
I'm a total rookie who should have bought a good bike, instead of trying to fix an old one. when i finally got crank, spark and lights(do the front turn signals stay on, like the headlight??); i must have woken up the whole neighborhood with my excitement. i fear this is only the beginning of my problems

i need lots of help, advice and mental support :(

·
Registered
160 Posts
The 500 is a good bike and the name, model name, and designation are used interchangeably. Not sure what you mean by the carb vent, but the nipples for tuning the carbs should be plugged. If the carbs are overflowing then its a float problem. Not sure what petcock you're using, but if the tank only has one port then it might not be the correct tank for your bike. Some petcock's use a vacuum line to turn them "on" so if yours isn't stock it might not work properly.

Don't get discouraged, it's usually something simple that's been overlooked. A little work and you will have a great ride, and you will have a better connection with it than if you didn't have to work for it. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts