Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2bros pipe right now, but its a little too loud for me. Sucks because i really love the tone.:(

Anyways, I'm thinking about either going with a Leo Vince or Akra. Does anyone have decibel readings on both, or comparatively how loud are they to a 2bros pipe? I know the Akra comes with a street baffle.

Any help?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I have a 2bros pipe right now, but its a little too loud for me. Sucks because i really love the tone.:(

Anyways, I'm thinking about either going with a Leo Vince or Akra. Does anyone have decibel readings on both, or comparatively how loud are they to a 2bros pipe. I know the Akra comes with a street baffle.

Any help?
Akra is quieter than Leo Vince. On some applications LV gets downright unruly.

Both Akra and LV are quieter than 2Bros

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
so i'm reading both here... akra is louder than 2bros, and 2bros is louder than akra:confused:

looks like that 2bros diffuser only quiets the pipe by 2-3 db's. whats the point? thats barely any difference

Don't kid yourself, 3decibals is a HUGE difference and very noticeable, a 3db increase in sound levels (over 100db) is like doubling the sound output level (at least to human hearing perception)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Are you sure? Do you run Akra?
Had a 2 bros slipon when i first took delivery of the bike. Hated it. Went to the full akra system and run it all the time without the baffle. I installed the baffle once while in my garage to just hear the difference in sound. Just control your throttle input and you won't have any issues with noise.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
My 2bros m5 slipon without the cat is a lot louder then my friends akra full catless system.

I would expect it to also be louder slipon vs slipon.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Don't kid yourself, 3decibals is a HUGE difference and very noticeable, a 3db increase in sound levels (over 100db) is like doubling the sound output level (at least to human hearing perception)
No, 3db is double the power but humans hearing runs on a logarithmic scale. It's noticeable but definitely wouldn't be twice as quiet.

A 10db increase would be perceived as twice as loud yet it works out to be 10 times the power.

evil skinny said:
and just so you know the akra is louder then the 2 bros.
evil skinny said:
Had a 2 bros slipon when i first took delivery of the bike. Hated it. Went to the full akra system and run it all the time without the baffle.
Can't compare a slipon with a full system. The catalytic converter does a pretty good job at cutting down a lot of the noise.

evil skinny said:
Just control your throttle input and you won't have any issues with noise.
While racing everywhere you go will certainly make a lot more noise I have to disagree with that statement. Some of these exhaust systems just have a horrible drone at cruising speeds. Even to the point that I've found myself getting annoyed just following certain people.

·
Registered
160 Posts

Anyways, I'm thinking about either going with a Leo Vince or Akra. Does anyone have decibel readings on both, or comparatively how loud are they to a 2bros pipe? I know the Akra comes with a street baffle.

Any help?
On the 07 the Akra full system comes out 109db baffle out and 102db baffle in with slip on it's 105db baffle out and 98 baffle in. Leo Vince is the same for the slipon.

·
Registered
443 Posts
long distance highway rides are going to make your ears ring no matter what exhaust you have. even factory!
last month i road from fort myers to orlando and back in one day and my ears were killing me for 2 days... thats with factory exhaust at an average speed of 70...

i agree with wearing earplugs, if your going to be on it for a while

1 - 18 of 18 Posts