Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what exhaust can is the loudest. I have a muzzy carbon full system on my 99 and it sounds good but I would like it louder. And can I just change the can since I already have the muzzy headers.
And can anyone direct me in the direction for a front sprocket at a good price
Thanks In Advance

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i have a d&d...try a search, that question has been asked every week.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Hindle supersport. IMO the loudest cans in as-sold condition. I had a D&D on my last bike, and it wasn't as loud as a Hindle.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a Hindle Oval Supersport on mine, and it`s one LOUD pipe! And it`s not a loud and annoying pipe, it`s loud, and it sounds AMAZING, like riding a new bike! IMO, the best bang for your buck, plus it`s amazing! i wouldn`t change it for anything!

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Hindle, loud and sounds awesome.
When my buddy had his 02 on the Dyno saturday, it sounded incredible, very indycar like.
I saw several people comment on the sound.

There was some guy on a 954 with a D&D, it was loud but sounded awefull, people cringing at the sound (of course is made 154HP so who can complain)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i was waiting to hear exhaust! oh well heres mine too
/forum/uploads/arturo3rd/bike1.jpg

·
Registered
355 Posts
o.k.. excuse my "getting older" side, but why is there a push to go as loud as possible? I remember when I was racing Hondas that looud exhaust were good because we were craving attention.. then some guys made their cars "sleepers" with little or no loud sounding exhaust.. and they were the "new" badasses..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well i don`t think that it`s all about the loudness but also about the nice low grumble and nice loud sound...to be honnest i dont like the sound of muzzy pipes at all...i think that are probably one of the loudest pipes but it`s just annoying and you woudl want to wear earplugs riding your bike...but Hindle in my opinion is a great pipe, Amazing sound! and look too

just my 2cents

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Funny... I heard a full Muzzy system on an '03 636 and couldn't believe how quiet it was. Really a tame sound to it, but a little more cackle than stock.

·
Registered
133 Posts
oh actually sorry i never specified, i guess i never heard a muzzy on a 636...so i`m probably wrong then....i`m going with what i heard on other bikes...ie gixxer 750, and it was loud as hell and just sounded like shit...my bad guys. [:I]

·
Registered
179 Posts
Where can I find a hindle for my 636? Looks sweet and it seems that you guys like it a lot, besides the sound how about the gains in HP? Thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
well i got mine from my dealer, not sure where he they got it...and for gains in hp..well i didn`t get it dyno`d or anything, but i feel a little difference but not really, only slip on, but the sound is amazing, well worth it!

hope that helps, but where to get one...hard to say, ask a dealer they`ll find you one

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks man, I found their website and I might be calling them to place and order for a Hindle. From what I hear they look sweet and they sound nice as well. Did you retain your rear pegs as well with your hindle high mount exhaust? Thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
With the elbow you get some accesories to keep your foot pegs, it just pushes it out some, as you can see on my bike
/forum/uploads/migpig/mig4.jpg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.