Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys, but the garage is a mess and it's too rotten outside lately to get better pics, but here's the first 2 I took. I've got better ones coming soon. Since this photo was taken I've removed the mudguard and mounted an eliminator bracket. I also got in my Akrapovic exhaust today (WOOOO WOOOOOOT FULL TI BABY !!!) but I'm not going to be installing it until break in is completed. And I ordered an LP bolt kit (gold) for the bike and LP flushmount V iridium signals for the front and LP SS2 short stalk carbon/iridium markers for the rear. Should be ready to go by riding season... which is hopefully in a few weeks now. Giddy UP !!!

Again, excuse the garage being a junkpile, gotta get to that this week... make it the shrine that my new baby deserves!

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not EARLY this year, but yes, if funds still in reserve after all the upgrades, I intend on hitting Mosport Park later this year, maybe Shannonville too. I got a group of riding buddies hoping to BOOK a track one 1/2 day session this year... and do a race... sounds like a recipe for disaster...

Hey Rob... you get the MCN issue yet ?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ARGH! They told me 3-4 business days... was sent on Wednesday...

Should be any time now then...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL... this time of year it's likely a safer ride Grunt!

By the way, for you Florida / SoCal people... that white stuff on the tires is called SNOW. And not the kind of snow you guys hear about down there either... this stuff falls from the sky... dreamy huh? LOL

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Sure is a pretty bike! Hope to see more pics of it. I always thought it was going to a good home till I saw that garage of yours :D. I think I may have a more suitable space for something of that type. J/K I know you'll take good care of her. Congrats again, now if your weather would just clear up a bit......

Ken - Yellow '02

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know I know, and you're right... I'll be working on that this week. It's warming up too, finally over the freezing mark today for the first time in weeks !!! Supposed to get up to 6 degrees C (about 45 F) for the next three or four days, so maybe happiness is just a week or two away now !!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
So were you riding that Razor scooter while waiting for your bike to come in?? :D jk... Love the color... I have to keep telling myself for now.. "Keep the '02.. Keep the '02" but you guys are making it hard!

I need a girl to ride, ride, ride...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey DJ, I live 15 minutes from mosport and wanted to go there this year too, if you guys need another person to bring the cost down, I'm willing to go. I'm not the greatest rider but looking to improve. I'm going into my second season riding, first full one on the zx6r. Should be good if the sun finally comes out and the snow stops falling. By the way you can tell your canadian with the hockey net in the pics.

Canada Kicks Ass

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dre... lol... yeah, I'm Canadian, sorry it's so obvious...

Blkdvr, thanks bro! You must be going nuts just waiting on that boat to dock... mine looks much nicer now, almost have the tail end fixed, the Akrapovic mounted, and the flush mounts on the front. I'll be posting more pics hopefully by the end of this week...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ROFLMAO... very observant you are... (yoda do I sound like again)...

Yeah, I'm sure my wife was less thrilled with it, but I got this HONKIN' huge Ninja sticker at a track this year, and needed something BIG and METAL to stick the thing to... guess what honey? I found something...

I'm such a child... but hell, if it's in MY garage, it's MINE... (she gets the rest of the house)...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Seems like most guy's with bikes and wives tend to have the same problem (or is it a blessing?) as you...I know I'm in the same boat. The garage is my bunker, but lord help me [B)] if I so much as sneeze inside the house (just kiiding "dear" if you happen to see this) LOL :D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ROFL... God forbid my wife ever see my posts on the internet... I might be SLEEPING in the garage too... which if it were warmer out, might not be the end of the world, sleeping beside my new girl...

By the way, got the tailsection finished and the flushmounts on the front now, just need to finish a little wiring and I'll have new pics to post...

·
Registered
299 Posts
dj; your bike's a killer. I can't wait to see it in person this summer! Now, just picture it with polished frame (I've got the garage space...) after another winter?

;)

As for the 'garage' situation. I live in a house with two other guys. My li'l brother is a slob - but I still love him. My dad is the most anal retentive, obsessive compulsive, clean freak you will ever meet.

One afternoon not too long ago, I was cleaning my car, and I put the vacuum hose down beside the car. It landed and was touching the tire on my dad's truck - he stood there, and made me move the hose. My dad also carpeted half of the garage to park his truck on. It's a '96 Chevy Z71 4x4 SS350. ...with only 32k on it.

Ask CdnNinja about him... he'll vouch for me!

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
His dad is crazy :)
He'll get mad if you walk into a room he recently vaccumed, he can see your footprints on it :)

That truck is SWEET, but I think I've actually seen it in motion once in the last 8 years... it's not just a 'sunday driver', it's a "every 3rd leapyear which also is an ecplipse and temp is between 72.2-72.4 degrees and day is sunday" sorta truck :)

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.