Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So like I am so loving my latest model 10R. You've seen it here before but its been completely rebuilt. Heres what I did to the engine.
Gen 3 transmission with new style shift drum and linkage. Gen 3 clutch, water and oil pump (runs slower less drag on engine). Ported head and lightened balanced crank. Custom map dynoed. Custom airbox verified on the dyno for increase across entire powerband.
Chassis mods. It has Gen 4 swing arm and forks. Internals modified using Race tech parts. Hot bodies farings with custom headlights. (used stock projector beam) And custom trunk. Holds all my gym gear including my shoes and a water bottle! And of course my Carbon Fiber BST wheels nicked from ebay for a ZX14 but I modified them for the 10R.
gdrs | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
gdls | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
fntlsclose | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
gdrrqart | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I want to be serious for just one min and ask why take so much off a Gen 3 to put on a Gen two why didn't you just buy the Gen 3. I know there has to be a reason I am not seeing so just asking.. Is it looks of the Gen two or what ?? Thanks for taking the time to tell me, if you do.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
kawi had a 10r (could be the 2nd gen) that was the fastest/lightest combo on the market for atleast awhile (could still be).
even some of the 10rs that came out after the 04/05s were less desired due to the numbers they made

·
Registered
12 Posts
kawi had a 10r (could be the 2nd gen) that was the fastest/lightest combo on the market for atleast awhile (could still be).
even some of the 10rs that came out after the 04/05s were less desired due to the numbers they made

There is no doubt that the 04/05 known as the Gen 1 has always been the beast of the 10's its what I have along with my Gen 3 2009, What I don't understand is what was the reasoning behind this guy buying a Gen 2 only to mod it out with mostly all Gen 3 parts, like why not just buy a Gen 3.. All the gens after 1 have limitations the Gen 1 never had coming out the box, I know people that say the only Gen since the Gen 1 worth buying is the Gen 4, however even they say you have a lot of factory limits put on the bike coming out the box, like the ecu has to be flashed things like that Just to be able to get all you can get out of the bike.I guess the only real person that can answer this question I put up initially will be the origingal poster, because either he just liked the look of the gen 2, or he likes doing mods just to do them.. if its something else I would love for him to tell me on here so I know. Of all the Gens to get the worst negative Rap was the Gen 2 because people expected to get what they had in gen 1 with just a bit less of a killer attitude the gen 1 projected on its owners but, instead they took most of the bite out of the Gen 2. They just overkilled the taming.. I have seen that so many times by professional reviewers online over the years

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
OMG, SOMEONE BUILT A BIKE THAT I DON'T LIKE

Maybe the guy just wanted to build the bike he wanted, without bothering to check with you first. Why the fuck do you care?

·
Registered
12 Posts
OMG, SOMEONE BUILT A BIKE THAT I DON'T LIKE

Maybe the guy just wanted to build the bike he wanted, without bothering to check with you first. Why the fuck do you care?

Chill out flamer dude, I just was curious.. Like don't care what bike anyone rides, I just was curious. I also said the only guy that could answer and know what they were really talking about was the guy that put it together.. take a chill man..are you just trying to agrivate to get your post count up or what??

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Chill out flamer dude, I just was curious.. Like don't care what bike anyone rides, I just was curious. I also said the only guy that could answer and know what they were really talking about was the guy that put it together.. take a chill man..are you just trying to agrivate to get your post count up or what??
Get my post count up?
Oh,please...not that same old tired shit again.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wow did not expect all of that reaction. First off I have owned this bike since 07. Owned, no payments. Why would I go and buy a gen 3 right after I bought a gen 2? Oh I do love to fettle bikes. And I dam garuntee you this bike will eat gen 3 and gen 1 for lunch and dinner. The only difference in engine internals that makes a difference is the crank. That's where kawi mellowed out the gen 2. I took care of that. After owning this bike now for 6 years I can tell you this you know of no other 10R more finely tuned. And I enjoyed the transformation every bit of the way. When someone tells me they did this or that to there bike and It did this or that I know where there bs is bs or they tell the truth. Because I have personally done it all. Wouldn't trade my bike for a new gen 4. Don't need it and don't want the extra crap that comes with it. I am good with anti lock brakes because I think they will help a lot of people who don't know how to ride bt the traction controll and extra other weight consuming gadgets and payments no thanks! For the price of one gen 4 I can build 2 of these. And ya never know when you might come out to your garage and one bike has a flat. So you can ride the other ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts