Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just bought a vortex 54 teeth rear sprocket for my 03 636 now can anybody help me out on what i should get for my front sprocket to give me more low end torque....I really want it for fast starts and wheelies....any help? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
did you say 54?

As you will be doing wheelies and thats about it, if you are using a 54...

If thats a 45 tooth then you should have some quicker throttle response for sure and it will be right up.
the 03/04's have a good amount more wheelie power then the later 05/06 bikes..more midrange

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes thats what i meant 45 sorry didnt catch that...but what should i get for my front?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok one more question if i decide not use my 45 tooth sprocket and just get (front)-1 / (rear)+2 or +3 on my bike will that kinda be the same if i just have a 45 tooth in the rear and would i be able to use my stock chain...sorry if its a stupid question but when it comes to gearing im lost. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
-1 up fromt some people were saying that it ate up their chaines a lot faster. i went +2 in the rear. i was able to use stock chain. i have an 06 though. i say just get +2 rear, and if that is not enought for you then order a -1 front.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i think i will try the +2 and see how that works guess ill return my 45....thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
+2 rear on my 2005 was like DAMN!!!! but the RPM's are way up there on the freway...sorry not a big fan of 8,000rpm at 80mph...

G

·
Originally posted by jdgun_13
+2 rear on my 2005 was like DAMN!!!! but the RPM's are way up there on the freway...sorry not a big fan of 8,000rpm at 80mph...
i guess thats what i can expect if i decide to change. right now stock, 80mph is about 7000rpm.

i did love the extra grunt that my 04 had with the -1.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Yeah. I did the -1/+2 setup and took it off because I got tired of the high rpm's. I did like how it pulled though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.