Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted this on another board. Let me know if anyone has any ideas. I'm just not convinced that nothing is wrong with it.
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128609
I've got an '03 ZX6R with 850 miles on it. I've noticed that it's a little flat up to 5000 RPM. Once It revs up to around 5500-7000 RPM it's like a rocket. I took it to my dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Maybe I'm getting used to it and just need to adjust the way I ride it and rev the engine more when I take off. Should I be worried about anything?

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by -gary

Welcome to the world of 600s. You have to rev the tits off 'em to get them to go.
Well, I was just a little concerned that something was wrong. It seemed to have a little more low end in cooler weather. I'm starting to keeps the revs up more and it's made a big difference to the fun factor!

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really appreciate the help I've gotten on this board. Hopefully I'll be able to offer advice someday! Thanks!

" "You have to rev the tits off 'em to get them to go"

never heard it put that way before...."
I've never heard that before either...but you gotta like it!!!

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I went for a ride on Saturday and the bike ran great. The air temp was about 83 with very low humidity. I think that higher humidity impacts this more on my bike. Which forgive my stupidity, but I thought that the fuel injection would not be as sensitive to this. At least now I know that there's nothing wrong with the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.