Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know something's wrong up front on my bike, but can't figure it out. Please help!!

When trying to lean over (i know! [:0]) at speed, i have to overcompensate with my counter steering. At low speeds (>15ish) there is a strong wobble back and forth when turning. The bike rides straight and it's really only noticeable when turning.

The tire is new and balanced.
The rim (appears??) to be straight and true.

I was told that the steering felt a bit tight, and may need new bearings? Has anyone experienced this before? I don't really know the history of my bike past about a year ago, so unfortunately i dont know what has and hasn't been fixed/replaced/checked.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know the tires new and balanced. Is the PSI right though? It happened to me on my 250 at high speeds when I would lean hard. It was my PSI and it was just barely off.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not just at high speeds, and it did it before i got the new tire. It's not a slight wobble, it's strong.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'll assume that your front tire isn't worn uneven. So could be your front forks aren't set up evenly, rebounding, damping, fork height, ect. Take everything back to "zero" and adjust it so you know that their both equal.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like a good start. I've got the bike taken apart right now, thats why i'm trying to iron everything out before i get back on the road.

What's stock specs for fork heights, etc? anywhere i can find them online? I bought a kawi manual yesterday but it wont arrive for a few days

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.