Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to make a custom turbo kit for my 06 636 and I have realized that if I can't lower compression, I am going to have to run race gas all the time and thats not really an option. I only plan on running 5psi so please don't tell me about building up the bottom end of my motor. So what ways can I lower compression without changing the internals of the motor? I read about a guy on superstreetbikes website who says he had a custom made Cometic gasket at .005 inch and I assumed it was a head gasket but its not. I contacted Cometic and they said that is a copper based gasket and they dont make those in head gaskets. What other gasket could you replace to lower compression ratio? The guy with the turbo 03 636 said in the article that it brought the compression down to 10:1 and stock it is 12:1 can somebody pleeease give me some answers here???? Oh and by the way.... i know this will be said, so I will answer it in advance... "Why dont you just get a 1000????" I love my 636 and I want something unique and I am completely capable of fabricating a custom turbo kit I just need some advice. lol thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
There are a few guys in the drag section that put turbo's on their 636s and would be a good source of information.

Here is the link to Kirk Adam's turbo build but, I know that Punksrfr, and pretty sure Denmah turboed their 600/636s. If you do a search you will find out a lot from these guys. Keep us posted on the build.

http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107507

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
with low pressure, you should be fine on pump gas. But if you really want to drop the compression, get the head polished back, and stick in an extra head gasket

1 - 4 of 4 Posts