Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Push in the center pin.....

When installing, pull the pin out and push it in to lock it.

Scott

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just check the tourque on all major nuts and bolts. Chain, oil, and check the idle speed whihc is adjusted on the lower left knob under the Fuel tank. Screw the dealers my bike will only see a dealer if it requires warranty work. Bring your bike to a local certified mechanic instead

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like to remove fairing to change oil but there are those black "buttons" with spikes coming out of prongs that are holding the two lower fairing together and I have no idea how to remove them. [:I] Can anyone shed some light on this?

By the way, does anyone take his/her '03 636 to the dealer for the 600 mile break-in service? I was going to take it in this weekend until I read the maintenance charts and it seems like chain lube, adjustment and oil (filter) change are the only things that the dealer would actually do. I sure don't feel like paying $200 and have my bike sit in the shop for a week for those simple tasks, unless I am missing something here? If so, someone please fill me in.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah I just went through the book and did all the 600 mile stuff myself. I asked a couple dealers what they do for the first service and they said they just change the oil/filter and make sure all the cables are good and nothing is loose. I said f it and saved myself $150 by doing it myself. Also I just recieved a manual correction in the mail from kawasaki. It was a letter saying that there is a misprint in the manual and you don't need to check the valve clearence after 600 miles. Thats the only reason I would have taken in to the shop, but after I got that letter I decided to do everything myself. I don't know how to get those black plugs out either. Does anyone else have a better explanation.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by TheManZX6R

I don't know how to get those black plugs out either. Does anyone else have a better explanation.
Jeez....

Look the black plug. In the center, you will see another plug. Push that with a small screw driver until you hear it pop. Pull the big black plug out.

Does that make sense? It's not rocket science guys....

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.