1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
pics?

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Here are some of my own pictures of this problem.....

I talked to the people who sold me the cowlings and they said they received a bad batch. Sadly I never attached their rear seat cowling so I have no clue if that one didn't get get a heat shield either...

By the way anyone know what a heat shield looks like?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Here are some of my own pictures of this problem.....

I talked to the people who sold me the cowlings and they said they received a bad batch. Sadly I never attached their rear seat cowling so I have no clue if that one didn't get get a heat shield either...

By the way anyone know what a heat shield looks like?
Heat shield is a reflective material that absorbs/reflects heat (it looks like the lowers in picture 3 have some on them).

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does that heat sheild tape come stock on the lowers?
cuz neither of my lowers have it

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Heat shield is a reflective material that absorbs/reflects heat (it looks like the lowers in picture 3 have some on them).
You can't put a heat shield like that over every piece of the bike, so how is the accomplished without the silver lining we see on picture 3?

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
some body post a email address so i can send pics
ok here are your pics uploaded you can explain them, but no that doesn't look right. Where did you buy the lower cowlings from?

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
all kawi parts..... just dont have the heat sheild... i just put on the 6rr green lowers and saw the warp in the lower and was concerned.... i was wondering if i can order the kawi heat shilding

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
What kind of engine temps are you guys seeing?

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
Full kit, or stock header? Mileage?

·
Registered
126 Posts
You can buy heat shield tape from most motorcycle dealers or shops-like cycle gear. I bought some that Maier makes-it's real easy to put on. That wasn't for my 636 though-it was for my RC51. Did you just get these plastics or are you just seeing this problem?? I was riding around last week and it was 108 degrees here (pretty common for August) and I've never had anything like that.

The pic of the lowers looks like something is rubbing and melting. The pic of the sides looks like big time motor unhealthy heat-not 220's. My 636 runs 200-220's in traffic on 100 degree days but once I get some air flow it's back into the high 190's. I think there's another problem if radiant heat is melting the plastic-that's just not normal heat.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts