Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to find some recent pictures of lowered bikes. I want to drop mine down a bit but im not sure how much.

And to clear things up before I get flammed..I DO NOT track race, i DO NOT drag my knee's threw twisties, nor do I have any desire to do either. Hell, I still have the stock tire hairs after 1400km on my bike.
strictly just a cruiser, and bombing around in town.

Thanks.

·
Registered
17,507 Posts
sounds like you bought the wrong bike.

god i hate how "sport bikes" are an image thing..

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I appologize that I do not have desire to race my "sport bike" on road or off.
get a fuckin' life. I dont give a shit what you do to your bike, so why would you care what I want to do with mine

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think most dropped bikes here are done using lowering links. Mainly by the shorter riders. There was thread floating around here.
Thanks.
The threads and pictures ive seen show the rears dropp[ed with the links, but I havent seen many with the front down to match. Im hoping some of thoes people might chime in with updated pictures.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Front end is dropped one of two ways

1)Straps
2)Triple tree and forks.

Sorry I dont have pics to show you, just dont got to low or the belly pan will scrape at any bump you hit. Also I would reccommend muzzy lowering links, they come with three different settings on them so you can toy around and find what fits you best.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Gee, what an asshole.

whats wrong with having a fun time on a sport bike? going 150+ mph through traffic isnt appealing to everyone ya know. same goes for dragging on the street...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts

Seriously... what a dick. I enjoy my bike at 35mph, guess that makes my sport bike an "image thing." Or is it just because I also enjoy it at 135mph make it ok... Does that mean I chose the right bike?

Cock.

·
Registered
69 Posts
acually a properly lowered bike (links in rear, front forks moved up through triple tree) and suspention setup for your weight by a pro. (average cost would be 1 hours labor) will handle just as well as stock.
in case one day you decide to use the bike as it were designed you wont have lost as much handling performance as most think.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Seriously...

Cock.
So to lower the front to match you gotta use straps? sounds primitive... but i bet new clamps and triple tree cost a boat load

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
acually a properly lowered bike (links in rear, front forks moved up through triple tree) and suspention setup for your weight by a pro. (average cost would be 1 hours labor) will handle just as well as stock.
in case one day you decide to use the bike as it were designed you wont have lost as much handling performance as most think.
UH...... are you serious?? For street riding it wont affect to much but for the track you should just give up.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
So to lower the front to match you gotta use straps? sounds primitive... but i bet new clamps and triple tree cost a boat load
No you dont, you can slide the forks up through the triple tree. Dragers normally use straps for the front end to get a better launch. Wouldnt recommend straps for the street though, its just another method.

·
Registered
264 Posts
here you go.... however i think everyone is sick of seeing these pics ......check the treads there is a big one on this very subject..... ride safe

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
here is a set of nice links...fully adjustable...high quality....

http://www.soupysperformance.com/catalog/item/4408900/4393129.htm

and yeah you can just lower your front end by sliding the fork tubes up through the triple tree...measure twice and lower one side at a time...and yeah the lowering straps are pretty much for drag strip use only...putting on links and lowering the front forks will work nicely...best of luck on getting it all done...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Oh, one piece of advise I remember from another thread-

Buy a shorter kickstand or modify yours before lowering the bike. If not you won't be able to use the kickstand once you lower it (it will be too long to lean the bike over). Thats about all I've got for you. GL

1 - 20 of 30 Posts