Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some great responses to my last post regarding my dumb-ass running out of gas and wondering how many miles I could go on a tank. Haven't had to push my bike since! Thanks guys!

Anyways, here is my new question. My wife and I are sharing a 2006 ZZR 600. We just had a pair of lowering links put on today so she could reach the ground and feel more stable (it's lowered about 1.5 inches). Bike still rides great (I rode it home from the shop, and couldn't notice ANY difference in the steering/handling, BTW). My question is about the kickstand. The bike is still supported by the kickstand, and it is obviously leaning to one side, as it should be. However, it is much more upright than when it was at stock hight.

So what are the kickstand suggestions? Leave it as is? Get a shop to cut and re-weld the kick stand at a lower level? Bend the kickstand? Buy a new kickstand aftermarket? Cut the tip myself and replace it with a rubber tip? I guess it is stable enough, I just don't want to come out after work and find that one of my students has tipped my bike.....

I appreciate any advice you all have! Thanks -

·
Registered
624 Posts
I've heard some people just cutting off a few inches in the middle and re-welding the base. Also, I have heard people just chopping off a few inches from the bottom and not using the base.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
mines dropped 3 all around i just chopped it with a saw zaw and left it alone. it still sits to upright and when it gets windy i get worried. i can only chop it a lil more cuz it right next to the spring. i didnt reweld the foot

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
I would suggest grinding the foot off then cutting the stand down a couple of inches and then get the foot welded back on, the foot spreads the load of the bike and doesnt stress the stand too much, if you leave the foot off you have to rely on the tube spreading the load and thats not a good idea as it could bend and drop the bike. Another thing about the foot is if you have to park it on grass its a bigger foot print to stop the bike sinking.

Russ

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
cut mine off about three inchs, no base, i just carry a pad for when i have to park in the sand. hasn't fallin over yet... just sucks when i prep the bike for road racing because the kick stand will be way to short, thank you bike stand!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.